Taylor Swift song quotes often revolve around relationships—she uses real life experiences to write the lyrics in her songs. Taylor Swift has reached country-pop superstardom in part to her songs being relatable to the masses. Her song quotes can stand alone and still be strong even without musical backing.
- “Romeo save me, they're trying to tell me how to feel. This love is difficult, but it's real. Don't be afraid, we'll make it out of this mess. It's a love story, baby, just say yes.” This Taylor Swift song quote is from “Love Story” which is a track off her 2008 album “Fearless.” The entire song is in story form about a girl falling in love with a guy, but she has to hide the relationship. Taylor Swift wrote the lyrics in correlation to the Romeo and Juliet storyline of star crossed lovers who are not supposed to be together. She does not care what people say, she just wants to be with him and make their relationship work.
- “But she wears short skirts I wear T-shirts. She's cheer captain and I'm on the bleachers dreaming about the day when you wake up and find that what you're looking for has been here the whole time.” The Taylor Swift song “You Belong With Me” is about her longing for a guy who is already in a relationship. This specific Taylor Swift song quote is comparing herself to the guy's girlfriend. Swift is more down to earth and low-maintenance, whereas his girlfriend may be more high-maintenance. It is an up-tempo and fun song from the 2008 album “Fearless.”
- “Maybe this is wishful thinking, probably mindless dreaming, but if we loved again, I swear I'd love you right.” From the Taylor Swift song "Back To December" this song quote is about being hopeful for a second chance. The song revolves around Taylor Swift admitting she messed up a good relationship, and now she wants another chance. This quote has Swift telling the guy that she will not screw up and treat him wrong again. "Back To December" is from her 2010 album "Speak Now."
- "Why would you wanna break a perfectly good heart? Why would you wanna take our love and tear it all apart, now? Why would you wanna make the very first scar?" This Taylor Swift song quote is the chorus from "A Perfectly Good Heart." The song quote is in question form, and she is asking a guy why he would want to hurt her by ending their relationship. She cannot believe that he would want to walk away from their relationship and break her heart. The song is from her 2006 self-titled debut album.
- "You, with your words like knives and swords and weapons that you use against me. You have knocked me off my feet again, got me feeling like a nothing. You, with your voice like nails on a chalkboard calling me out when I'm wounded. You picking on the weaker man." This Taylor Swift song quote is from "Mean," which is a track off her 2010 album "Speak Now." The lyrics are about a guy who likes to cut down Taylor Swift with words. He is mean to her, and knows just what words to say that will hurt her feelings. The Taylor Swift song quote is her truthfully expressing exactly how he makes her feel when he is being mean.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
8 Things All Guys Should Stop Doing by Age 30
You're a man now, dog.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
You might be little spoon or perhaps a Belieber. Or, if you’re lucky, one popular country star.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”