To teach springboard diving lessons, you need to know a lot about this aspect of diving. By learning all you can about the history of springboard diving and watching divers, you can be a more effective teacher for your diving students. Springboard diving was added to the Olympic games in 1908, and since then, it has become widespread in both high school and college diving programs.
To complete this task, you will need:
- Swimming pool
- Diving board
- Watch springboard divers. Pay close attention to the diver’s form and physical condition. If you don’t think that springboard diving is something that you can do yourself, then you might not be the best candidate to teach springboard diving lessons.
- Get certified. Teachers of springboard diving lessons typically need to be certified as diving instructors. Local gyms and community centers often offer these classes. This is why it’s important that you’re able to dive yourself. Plus, the certification will make you more credible with your students.
- Start your students off with some physical conditioning. Good springboard divers are in excellent physical shape. Your students should hit the weight room and start a regular exercises routine incorporating cardiovascular exercises like running and swimming.
- Introduce your divers to the diving board. This can be a scary experience for some first time divers. Take a dive yourself to show them how to do it. Teach them some basic dive techniques. Then, let them try it themselves.
- Emphasize practice. The divers learning your springboard diving lessons won’t ever be successful without practice. The more times they can climb up on the diving board and take a dive, the better. When they do so, critique their dive and landing but also compliment what they did right to help encourage your divers to keep at it.
It's the worst-case scenario. You are in the ocean and you are enjoying a great a great day of swimming, snorkeling or s ...
At San Diego Shark Diving, they'll throw you in the big blue wetness until the big toothy greyness makes you release som ...
Divers exploring a wreck off the coast of Finland have uncovered what some experts are suggesting is the oldest champagn ...