To teach table tennis lessons for beginners, you must know how to play table tennis yourself, as well as all the small parts of the game that people should know in order to play it properly. You must also know how to teach these aspects of the game and have your student listen to you. The following things should be done to effectively teach people table tennis lessons so they enjoy playing this energetic game in the future.
To teach table tennis lessons for beginners, you will need:
- A Table Tennis Table with Net
- Table Tennis Paddles
- Numerous ping-pong balls
- Demonstrate how to properly hold the paddle. There are a couple of different ways to hold a table tennis paddle and these should all be demonstrated to beginner students so they can choose the one which is most comfortable. The easiest grip entails holding the paddle by it's handle and placing a finger on the base of the paddle part, to keep the paddle flat when they make contact with the ball. Observe their grip regularly while this beginner table tennis player plays.
- Practice hitting the ball. Just lazily hit the ball back and forth over the net with the table tennis beginner, as this will teach the basic lesson of just how to hit the light ping pong ball with the proper force. This will build confidence among the beginner and teach them the basic force with which they should hit the ball to play it back and forth properly.
- Practice serving the ball back and forth. Have the beginner table tennis player serve the ball from one corner of the table tennis court with one bounce to the other corner of the table tennis court without hitting the net. Have the beginner table tennis player do this over and over again.
- Teach the basic rules and scoring. Knowing how the game is scored and the basic rules of ping pong is important to teach beginning table tennis players once they feel confident hitting the ball back and forth over the net. Make this a lesson you teach after the beginner can consistently hit the ball back and forth over the net.
- Play a game. Walk the beginner table tennis player through a full game. Then tell them to play as much as possible, as that is the only way they will ever get better.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …