Team Building Activities For The Workplace
Organizing team building activities for the workplace is a good strategy to strengthen the bond of the employees, reinforce productivity, and make employees efficient with their work. Team building activities enhance employee motivation to feel comfortable with their co-workers and create a fun working environment. Fun activities such as games and ice breakers are great team building activities that build rapport and energize employees at the workplace.
- Tug of War. Team building activities for the workplace are not exclusive to indoor activities only. The classic game of tug of war requires team work and strength and can be held either outdoor or indoor. At each end of the rope is a group of about five to ten people pulling the other side to reach the center line and to go beyond the line. This kind of activity reinforces the value of sports in a team building activity and is a fun game for employees to join with some physical activities to energize them at work.
- Create a masterpiece. This team building activity essentially enhances the employee’s creativity. Each team is given random pieces of stationary and instructed to do something about it using their creativity and make original masterpieces. The task brings the members to work closely together developing creativity and brainstorming.
- Bonding Belt. This is a hilarious game where the team members are tied all together in a single belt and they have to race against time to reach one place to another. The team with the shortest time spent in performing the task wins. The members act as one in achieving their goal which is a good way to motivate workers to cooperate with each other at work.
- The egg drop. Members of the team are given eggs, cardboard box, scissors, handkerchief and other tools to use in order to drop the egg without breaking it. This is a fun brainstorming activity for the workplace that develops teamwork, cooperation, support and participation of each member of the team.
- Mine field. Two people work in tandem to attain the game objective of reaching to the other side of the room with many sorts of obstacles scattered along the way. One person is blindfolded while the other one guide him on his way to avoid the obstacles. This team building activity develops trust and reliance of an employee to his co-workers in the workplace.