Use this tempura batter recipe so you can have some tasty vegetables, fish and meat to eat. Tempura is deep fried vegetables, chicken, and fish in a batter. Most often, it is eaten in Japan. Japanese restaurants often serve tempura on the menu. Tempura coating that is light and crispy is the best. There are many recipes for making the batter. Many recipes uses different ingredients like rice flour, all purpose flour or cornstarch and flour. Some recipes use light beer instead of water. Trying a few different recipes is a good way to find out what you like best.
You will need:
- frying pan
- paper towels
- cutting board
- few bowls or containers
- potato peeler
Choose some vegetable that you would like to prepare as tempura. Mushrooms, carrots, squash, eggplants, bell peppers or potatoes are often used. Wash the vegetables and peel the skin with a potatoes peeler. Discard the skin. Cut the vegetables on a cutting board into bite size pieces for frying. Put these vegetable into a bowl. Shrimp, scallops and cut up chicken make good tempura. Cut up boneless chicken breast put aside. Refrigerate chicken, shrimp, scallops and other meat or fish until frying with batter.
- 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of rice flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup light beer
- oil for frying canola or peanut oil
- Shift the dry ingredients in a large bowl. That is the flour, rice flour, baking powder and salt.
- Beat the egg with a mixer in large bowl. Add 2/3 cup of light beer beat well.
- Now add the dry ingredients to egg mixture. Mix well until moist. and somewhat smooth.
- Dip vegetable, fish or meat into batter and put on large plate to fry. Coat evenly with batter on all sides
- On the stove fill frying pan with 1/4 to 1/2 cup canola or peanut oil.
- Heat oil fry a few items one at a time. Fry items until golden brown and cooked.
- Drain on large plate with paper towels. Eat quickly.
Soy Chili Garlic Dipping Sauce for Cooked Tempura
- 1 cup regular soy sauce
- 1 tablespoons chili garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated or fresh ginger
- Measure 1 cup of soy sauce into medium bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce.
- Grate 1 tablespoon fresh ginger. Add to bowl.
- Whisk well. Put aside in container for later to use with cooked tempura.
Tip: Oil can be heated in deep wok on the stove for frying tempura. Add about 3/4 cup to one cup oil in deep pans. Heat then drop in coated food in small batches. Remove with slotted spoon when done to plated with paper towels to drain. Cook unitl golden brown.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.