Tequila Sunrise Recipe
Enjoy an icy cold tall fruity drink with all the majesty of a summer sunset by trying this tequila sunrise recipe. This classic beverage is the perfect combination of fresh squeezed orange juice, grenadine syrup, and quality tequila. A well made tequila sunrise has gradations of color starting with a dark orange layer in the bottom of the glass and brightening to light yellow at the top of the glass resembling a sunset. Make this simple but elegant tequila and orange juice cocktail tonight.
To make a tequila sunrise, you will need:
- 2 ouncesgold tequila
- 4 ouncesfresh orange juice
- 3/4 ouncegrenadine syrup
- Fill a tall Collins glass half full of ice. Pour tequila over the ice. Add freshly squeezed orange juice.
- Finish creating the perfect tequila sunrise. Place a cocktail spoon into the tequila sunrise and slowly pour the grenadine syrup down the handle of the spoon and let the grenadine syrup sink to the bottom of the tequila sunrise.
- Garnish with an orange slice and a cherry. Serve immediately.
- Make sure to always add the grenadine syrup last and give it time to sink to the bottom before serving to get those enticing layers of color.
- To enhance a tequila sunrise, pre chill the glass. Rinse a tall glass in clear water. Place the wet glass in the freezer for 30 to 60 minutes before using. This will make your tequila sunrise ice cold.
- Do not stir the ingredients of a tequila sunrise or there will be no colorful layers to enjoy.
- Make a drink with cheap plain brand tequila and you make a substandard tequila sunrise.