Terrell Owens Stats
One of the most controversial players to ever play in the NFL, Terrell Owens' stats still make him one of the best receivers to ever play the game. The brash football player played for San Francisco, Dallas, Philadelphia, Buffalo and Cincinnati and wore out his welcome every step of the way. Despite the controversy that follows him, he remains one of the most prolific wide receivers to ever play in the NFL.
- San Francisco 49ers – Terrell Owens joined Jerry Rice and the San Francisco 49ers in 1996, giving the team what they hoped would be a solid replacement for the greatest wide receiver of all time. He finally broke out in 1997 when he took over for Jerry Rice, following an injury, and finished the year with 936 yards and eight touchdowns. Terrell Owen’s stats while in San Francisco included 592 receptions for 8,572 yards and 81 touchdowns. His best year was 2001, where he caught 93 balls for 1,412 yards and 16 touchdowns. His time came to an end at San Francisco when Dennis Erickson came in and Owens demanded out. He left after questioning quarterback Jeff Garcia’s sexuality.
- Philadelphia Eagles – Terrell Owens left San Francisco for Philadelphia and quickly became Donovan McNabb’s favorite target. Together, the two superstars led Philadelphia to Super Bowl XXXIX. Owens biggest game that year was the Super Bowl, where he played injured and still caught nine balls for 122 yards. He only lasted two years with the Eagles and Terrell Owens stats while there were 205 catches for 1,963 yards and 20 touchdowns in only 21 games. Once again, Owens began feuding with quarterback Donovan McNabb and was suspended in his second year and released when it was over.
- Dallas Cowboys - Terrell Owens next joined the Dallas Cowboys, a team that was heated rivals with both teams Owens played for before. Owens seemed happy to go to Dallas, saying he wanted to end his career there. He played well at Dallas as Terrell Owens stats in his three years as a Cowboy player included 235 receptions for 3,587 yards and 38 touchdowns. He eclipsed 1,000 yards every season and had the most touchdowns since his heyday in San Francisco. Despite that, Dallas released him when it seemed he grew jealous of other receivers and seemed to only look out for himself instead of doing what was best for the team.
- Buffalo Bills - In a year that he would rather forget, Terrell Owens stats while playing for the Buffalo Bills was a paltry 55 receptions for 829 yards and five touchdowns. He played through four different starting quarterbacks and never seemed to find his ground with the team.
- Cincinnati Bengals – Terrell Owens stats while playing for the Cincinnati Bengals in 2010 was nowhere near what the organization hoped. The Bengals brought him in to play alongside Chad Ochocinco but the two never clicked during the season. While they remained friends off the field, including a reality show together, they never seemed to complement each other on the playing field. Owens started off strong but fizzled out as the season wore on with 72 receptions for 983 yards and nine touchdowns. It was still better than Ochocinco achieved.