Thanksgiving Dinner Roll Recipe
Need a Thanksgiving dinner roll recipe? Every Thanksgiving dinner requires a dinner roll and knowing how to make a quick and easy dinner roll will save your sanity on Thanksgiving.
What You Will Need to Make Thanksgiving Dinner Rolls
- 4 Cups Vegetable Milk
- 1 Cup of Sugar
- 1 Cup of Vegetable Oil
- 9 Cups of Flour
- 4 1/2 Teaspoon of Active Dry Yeast
- 1 Heaping Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Scant Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 Tablespoons Salt
- 1/2 Cup of Butter, Melted
- 1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon Chopped Rosemary
- Food Thermometer
- Large Spoon
- Tea Towel
- 2 Muffin Tins
- Large Pot With Cover
- Food Brush
- To make Thanksgiving dinner rolls, pour the milk, sugar and vegetable oil into the pot. The pot needs to be large as you will make the dough for the Thanksgiving dinner rolls in the pot as well.
- Place the pot with the milk, sugar and vegetable onto the stove. Stir the ingredients together.
- Turn the stove to medium or medium low. You do not want to boil this mixture.
- Scald the milk mixture, the proper temperature is 110 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove the pot from heat as soon as the mix is scalded.
- Add in 4 cups of flour and the active dry yeast to the scalded milk mix. Stir together to incorporate the flour, yeast and milk mix thoroughly.
- Pour 4 more cups of flour into the large pot and stir in thoroughly. Cover with the lid for an hour to allow the dinner roll dough to rise and double in size.
- Add in the last cup of flour, the baking powder, baking soda and the salt after the dough has risen properly. Stir these additions into your Thanksgiving dinner roll dough.
- Butter your muffin tins with the melted butter and your brush. You will use the leftover butter when the rolls come out of the oven.
- Pinch off walnut sized pieces of the dinner roll dough, roll the pinched piece into a small neat ball. Pinch off two more pieces and roll.
- Place the pinched pieces of dinner roll dough into a cup in the muffin tin. Pinch, roll and place the dough until your dough is finished.
- Cover the dinner roll dough in the muffin tins with a clean tea towel for an hour. The dinner roll dough will rise while covered.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit while the dough is rising. You should start the preheat after the dough has been rising for 40 minutes.
- Place the rolls into the oven after they have risen in the muffin tins for one hour. Bake the dinner rolls for 17 minutes or until they are golden brown.
- Place the garlic powder, salt and rosemary into the melted butter while the Thanksgiving dinner rolls are baking. When you remove the dinner rolls, immediately brush the garlic rosemary mix onto the Thanksgiving dinner rolls to give them a Thanksgiving flavor.
Posted on: May. 06, 2010