Thanksgiving Food For Kids To Make
Thanksgiving food for kids to make include many easy recipes. The recipes here will include both dinner and dessert recipes, and they are all very simple and delicious. So when you are starting traditions in your home this Thanksgiving, include the kids to help you make all that Thanksgiving food.
- 3 pounds potatoes
- 1/2 stick butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup milk
- Salt and Pepper
- Using a potato peeler, peel all the potatoes and cut into chunks. Place the peeled potatoes in a large pan of water.
- Bring the potatoes to boil and cook until tender. Use a fork to test to see when the potatoes are done.
- Drain the potatoes and put them back in the original cooking pan. Add in the butter and the milk.
- With a hand mixer, mash the potatoes. Add salt and pepper to taste. This is a very easy Thanksgiving recipe for kids to make.
- 1 large package of peeled baby carrots
- 1 liter of water
- Salt and Pepper
- Parsley, chopped
- In a medium sized pan, add in the liter of water. Bring the water to a boil and add in the carrots.
- Season the carrots with salt and pepper. Cook the carrots until tender and done.
- Place the carrots on a medium size platter and top with chopped parsley. This is another Thanksgiving food that even kids can make.
- 1 loaf Texas toast
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- Garlic powder
- Place each piece of Texas toast on a large baking sheet. Butter each piece of Texas toast.
- Sprinkle each piece of Texas toast with the garlic powder. Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove the Texas toast and serve hot. This great Thanksgiving food recipe is so easy to make for kids.
Banana Pudding Tarts
- Individual pre-packaged graham cracker crusts
- 1 package of instant banana pudding
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 banana
- 1 package of frozen whip cream topping
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, add in the two cups of milk. Add in the package of banana instant pudding mix.
- With a beater, beat the pudding for two minutes or until the pudding thickens. Pour the pudding into the individual graham cracker crust tarts.
- Let the pudding set for two hours. Defrost the whip topping and place a big spoonful of topping on each tart. Spread slightly with the back of a soup spoon. This is a super easy and very delicious Thanksgiving food dessert!
Sugar Cookies With Icing
- 1 roll of ready made sugar cookie dough
- 1 package of ready made frosting mix
- 1 package of candy toppings or sprinkles
- Non stick spray
- Take the cookie dough and slice the cookie dough into 1/2 inch slices. Place the cookies on a Teflon coated cookie sheet that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes in a preheated 375 degree oven. When the cookies are lightly browned, remove from the oven.
- Let the cookies set for one minute before moving to a plate. Open the ready made frosting and frost the cooled sugar cookies.
- Sprinkle each cookie with decorative toppings. Thanksgiving food for kids could not be easier to make.