Things To Do In Atlantic City
Need some things to do in Atlantic City other than gambling? While gaming is the biggest attraction in Atlantic City there are many other interesting things to do in Atlantic City. This article just touches the surface on the best things to do in A.C.
- The Atlantic City boardwalk. On the boardwalk in Atlantic City you can take a wooden walk and learn about the history of the pier. The boardwalk is the way to ge to many hotels, casinos and more. The boardwalk has several piers featuring a number of attractions and arts and cultural centers. The boardwalk is known for its James’ Salt Water Taffy, mouth watering fudge and Atlantic City-themed souvenirs and gifts.
- The Atlantic City Beaches. The Atlantic City beaches are free thing to do in Atlantic City. In addition to swimming and baking in the sun, surfing is permitted in certain areas as is kayaking & windsurfing. Beach volleyball equipment are available at several Atlantic City hotels. Free fishing is also permitted on the certain spots and in the inlets of the boardwalk.
- Golfing in or nearby Atlantic City. In March 2009, Atlantic City was ranked among the "Top 10 Golf cities in America" by Forbes Traveler. If you are looking for a golfing vacation Atlantic City is the best place on the Northeast coast. Each of the following golf courses have been rated by Golf Digest's best places to play. The Atlantic City Country Club, the Links at Brigantine Beach, Harbor Pines Golf Club, and The Blue Heron Club in Cologne, NJ.
- The Imax movie theater. The IMAX movie theater at the Tropicana is a perfect thing to do in Atlantic City. The movies are usually in 3D and it is a clean, reasonably priced rainy day activity with or without the kids! If you gamble with a Tropicana player card you can usually get discount tickets from the club’s website or if you’re a high roller, they will comp your family free tickets.
- The Pier Shops at Caesars. Take at stroll to Caesars and visit the Pier Shops for a great experience for the eyes, but maybe not for the wallet. The shops are expensive, but even if you are just window shopping, it still is a fun thing to do in Atlantic. Visit the water show at the end of the Pier with music and pulsating fountains. The 3rd floor has a mock beach with beach chairs with sand, where you can enjoy a drink and a great view of the city and the ocean. Before you leave, check out the free light show at the back of the street level.
- Absecon Lighthouse. If you in need some exercise the Absecon Lighthouse is a thing to do in Atlantic City. A restored historic landmark built in 1857 is the largest lighthouse in New Jersey and third tallest lighthouse in the country. Wear comfy sneakers because it’s 228 steps to the top. Luckily, there are several landings to take a break.