Things To Do In Boston Ma
Are you planning a vacation and looking for things to do in Boston, MA? Boston is a wonderful old town, with a lot of history and a lot of fun things to do. If you’re headed to Boston, you’ll want to make a stop at at least a few of these unique spots.
- Walk the Freedom Trail. One of the best free things to do in Boston is walking the Freedom Trail. Map out the Freedom Trail online and print out a map. You can print out information about each of the stops on the Freedom Trail at www.thefreedomtrail.org and be your own tour guide. The Boston Common: 145 Tremont Street, Boston MA 02111.
- Eat at Faneuil Hall. Built in 1742, as a gift to the city by Boston’s wealthiest merchant, Faneuil hall is a unique and fun marketplace to visit. Stop by the hall for history lesson, before shopping and eating at one of the many booths and restaurants. Faneuil Hall: 4 South Market Building, Boston, MA 02109.
- Visit the North End. The North End is Boston’s equivalent of New York City’s, “little Italy”. The North End is full of Italian restaurants, markets, and historic homes. Make sure to stop by Paul Revere’s house for an American history lesson and Mike’s Pastry for a delicious homemade cannoli. Mike’s Pastry: 300 Hanover Street, Boston, MA 02113.
- Watch the Red Sox. Nothing is more, “Boston” then watching the Red Sox play at Fenway park. If you’re headed to Boston, going to a sox game should be on the top of your list of things to do. Buy yourself some bleacher seats and a cold Sam Adams for the ultimate Boston baseball experience. Fenway Park:4 Yawkey Way, Boston, MA 02215.
- Stroll in the Public Gardens. If you’re looking for something to do in Boston during the spring and summer months, the Boston Public Gardens are beautiful. If you have a few hours to kill and don’t mind waiting in line, you should definitely take a ride in the famous foot peddled swan boats. Boston Public Gardens: Charles Street, Boston, MA 02116.
- Play at the Museum of Science. Fun for children and adults alike, the Museum of Science has something for everyone. There are standard exhibits, as well as fun hands on presentations. Make sure to grab a daily schedule to find out what special activities are happening the day you visit. Museum of Science: 1 Central Wharf, Boston, MA 02110.
- New England Aquarium. With seals, penguins, and even a few small sharks, the New England Aquarium shouldn’t be missed. Make sure that you’re around the main tank when the divers go in to feed the fish. The penguin feeding is also enjoyable for small children. The New England Aquarium: 1 Central Wharf, Boston, MA 02110.
- Drink at the Cheers Bar. The memorable TV show Cheers was not filmed in Boston, but the outside of the famous “Cheers” bar, was. The Cheers bar is typically pretty busy during weekends and school holidays. If making it inside the bar for a beer is on your list of things to do in Boston, you’ll want to be there when they open for the day. Cheers: 84 Beacon Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02108.