Things To Do In Cape Cod
The things to do in Cape Cod range from the regular to things unique to the coast. Cape Cod is located in the northeastern part of the United States and is a rocky terrain. With pleasant summers and cold winters, Cape Cod is a busy place. Even in winter, activity goes on. People are very active and get out in the fresh air and do all kinds of sporting activities. This is a beautiful part of the country for meetings, loaded with tourist attractions and flooded with national treasures.
- Whales One thing to do in Cape Cod is watch the whales. The Hyannis Whale Watcher Cruise will take you on a tour of local marine life. The Stellwagen Bank National Marine Sanctuary is filled with the largest group of animals in this ecosystem. Whale watcher cruises are $45, while a dinner cruise is a bit more. Leaving from Barnstable Harbor, Hyannis Whale Watcher Cruises can be reached at PO Box 254, Barnstable, Ma 02630.
- Sailing Rent a boat and go sailing, a big activity along the shores of Cape Cod. Maybe take in a little fishing and brag about the one that got away. Outdoor activity is very important in Cape Cod.
- Bird watching A fantastic place for bird watching is in the Monomoy National Wildlife Refuge and Wellfleet Bay Wild life Santuary. So, get the best pair of binoculars available, pack a camera and go to it. When in nature, spectacular photography can happen.
- Bike riding People pride themselves on the beauty of bike riding in Cape Cod. The coastline is spotted with small communities and places to eat stop and visit along the way. A complete five day tour can be taken from September 25 until September 30 for around $5000 with a small group; this gives you a lovely tour of the area and chance to see the gorgeous fall colors. Duvine Adventures Bicycle Tours Inc, 667 Somerville Ave, Somerville, Ma 02143 USA.
- Lighthouse touring One of the wonderful things to do in Cape Cod is to get a map and take out with camera and directions in tow. Visit Stage Harbor Light, Chatham, Nauset and many more with winding walk ways to the top. Join one of the many sight seeing tour groups in the area and visit the lighthouses. A map of the lighthouses locations can be found online or at the visitor’s bureau.
- Mayflower II The replication of the original ship is amazing, while the tour shows the way life was on the voyage over and the things available to the passengers and the crew. People dress as passengers to make the experience of the visit believable. Pilmoth Plantation’s administrative offices, Education, 137 Warren Avenue, Plymouth, Ma 02360 USA.
- J F Kennedy Memorial Located on Ocean Street Hyannis, Ma 02601, Kennedy's memorial is tastefully done and has a gorgeous view and a pleasant spot to sit and think. It's a lovely tribute to one of the world’s greatest leaders.
- Golfing is a thing to do in Cape Cod, and a nice way to spend the day. Cape Cod has its share of great places to play. This popular sport can be played at Willow Bend, The Ridge Club or Harwich Port. There are other good courses with spectacular scenery.
- Martha’s Vineyard This is only accessible by plane or boat. Here you can ride the oldest carousel in the country and visit lovely natural beaches. Walk through Felix Neck Wildlife Sanctuary or visit Aquinnah Cliffs, a vacation getaway for people in the Cape Cod area.
- Scenic Drive does not say enough about this beautiful area of Cape Cod. With antique shops and colonial memorabilia surrounding you, have lunch in quaint places with history all around. Enjoy the view and the places that will remind you of the beginning of the country. Highway 6A, located between the towns of Orleans and Sandwich, are noted for gorgeous scenery.