Things To Do In Ct
Looking for a list of some things to do in CT? Connecticut is located in the New England region of the United States. This great state is bordered by New York, Rhode Island and Massachusetts. Although CT is actually the 48th smallest state in the country, it is in the middle of the pack in terms of population, which makes Connecticut one of the top five most densely populated states.
- Baseball. Although CT does not have any professional baseball teams to offer you, one of the best things to do in this state is check out a minor league game. Minor league baseball teams in Connecticut include the New Britain Rock Cats, Danbury Westerners and Connecticut Tigers.
- Casinos. If you are over the age of 21, checking out a casino is always a great way to spend a day. Many people do not realize that CT actually has some of the best casinos in the entire country. Those casinos include Mohegan Sun in Uncasville and Foxwoods Resort Casino in Ledyard, which also features an MGM Grand.
- Fishing. One of the best things to do in CT is to go fishing. Connecticut actually offers over 180 public lakes, many of which are filled with pike, bass, trout and many other types of gamefish. A few fishing locations in CT that you may be interested in include Indian Well State Park in Shelton, Devil's Hopyard State Park in East Haddam and Black Rock State Park in Thomaston.
- Family Activities. Are you going on a family vacation to CT? Connecticut has many fun and exciting family activities that children of all ages will enjoy. A few of those family activities include Family Fun Mystic, The Dinosaur Place in Montville and Essex Steam Train & Riverboat.
- Skiing. While there are tons of great spring and summer things to do in CT, Connecticut also offers many cool winter activities. If you are into skiing, you may want to visit Mount Southington in Plantsville or Woodbury Ski Area. There are a few cross country ski places in CT, as well, such as Cockaponset State Forest in Haddam and American Legion State Forest in Barkhamsted.