The sheer number of things to do in Las Vegas besides gambling will make you dizzy just thinking about them. "Sin City" may be known for gambling and other naughty activities, but Las Vegas is a large area with many exciting opportunities to do whatever you wish. However, don't plan your vacation based on what you wish, because there are so many things to do in Las Vegas that you haven't even imagined yet. Here are just a few examples.
- Get married. The Graceland Wedding Chapel is a popular place to get married in Vegas. An Elvis impersonator will facilitate your wedding with some of the King's finest music. If you're not engaged, you can probably find someone at the myriad tourist destination spots in Las Vegas and get married just for kicks. It's worth it. If you don't like Elvis, there's another chapel for Star Trek weddings and a few others for any theme you want. Graceland Chapel, 619 Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, (702) 382-0091.
- Go to Red Rock Canyon. Las Vegas is home to a national conservation area with miles and miles of hiking trails. Camping is allowed year round except for the Summer months. Bring a bicycle, drive the 13 mile stretch or walk along the trails. You can call the visitor center for open and close times at (702) 515-5350.
- Go indoor skydiving. Another thing to do in Las Vegas without gambling is indoor skydiving. Vegas Indoor Skydiving is just a few miles from the city center. Their wind tunnel produces 120mph winds, so you don't need a parachute. The facility offers training classes twice every hour. Visit or contact them at 200 Convention Center Drive, suite A, (702) 731-4768.
- Visit the Neon Museum. The Neon Museum in Las Vegas is run by a non-profit that wishes to preserve one of the pillars of Las Vegas' cultural history: The neon sign. You'll find the museum in a convenient location in downtown Vegas. Visit or contact the museum at 821 Las Vegas Blvd North, (702) 387-NEON.
- Go to a spa. Vegas has lots and lots of spas. Get a facial or a massage or even take a ritual bath. After all the excitement of what Vegas has to offer, you'll probably need a place to relax and pamper yourself before leaving town. Make this stop one of your last ones. Spas are definitely one of the most relaxing things to do in Vegas without gambling.