Things To Do In Salt Lake City
There are many things to do in Salt Lake City. The Mormon capitol has a thriving and diverse culture, and the many attractions reflect this. Make the most of your visit to Salt Lake City, and take in the best of what it has to offer.
- Solitude Mountain. Are you a ski enthusiast? Solitude Mountain offers a resort and ski slopes for skiers of all skill levels. It is not within walking distance of Salt Lake City's many other arts and entertainment destinations, so you'll need to rent a car or take a cab if you stay at this resort. Day passes are also available. Solitude Ski Resort, 12000 Big Cottonwood Canyon, Solitude, Utah
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir. Everyone's heard the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. The Mormon Tabernacle choir is known for devotional music that will make even an atheist cry. You can see them perform for free in Salt Lake City. They have a "Music and the Spoken Word" broadcast that is open to the public at 9:30am on Sunday Mornings. You can also catch them rehearsing on Thursday nights at 8:00pm. Mormon Tabernacle Choir, 50 West North Temple, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Great Salt Lake State Park. This state park features beaches, local historic information, picnic space and more. This all sounds boring, but you can make it fun. Bring your bocci balls, carpool with the guerilla theater troupe you formed with some of the crazy characters you met in Liberty park or whatever it takes to have a great time in the wilderness. If you don't need the extra stimulation, then enjoy a serene environment, go for a swim, grill a few hot dogs and relax. The site is about 15 miles outside of the city, but the natural environment is worth the trip. Great Salt Lake State Park, 7200 West Lake Point, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Squatters Pub. This Salt Lake City brew pub is one of the finer of the city's attractions. It is usually packed, even during lunch time. You can expect it to be open at least until midnight every day of the week, even during some holidays. You can expect the usual bar and grill style menu along with world class microbrews and locally roasted coffee. Be warned that this pub is not as its name suggests. Don't try to squat it or you might get in trouble. A hotel room may be a better option. Squatters Pub, 147 West Broadway, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Clarke Planetarium. Planetariums provide a whole afternoon of things to do in any city, including Salt Lake. This one has an IMAX theater that is five stories tall. The Hansen Dome Theater offers more 3D style entertainment with shows such as "Saturn: Jewel of the Heavens" and "Violent Universe". Aside from the theaters are lots of science exhibits. The planetarium, with the exception of Hansen Dome, is open 365 days per year until at least 8:00pm. Clarke Planetarium, 100 S 400 W, Salt Lake City, Utah
Posted on: Jun. 15, 2011