Things To Do In Seattle Washington
Whether you're a local resident or a first-time visitor, there are plenty of things to do in Seattle, Washington. The city is rich in history and culture, and offers tourists all kinds of options. From the most popular attractions to the sightseeing tours to the winter sports, here are our favorite things to do in Seattle:
- First Starbucks. There's one on every corner, so why do you need to make a special trip to Pike Place Market to see a Starbucks? Because this is where the corporate coffee shop world takeover all began. Besides, you'll be stopping at a Starbucks that morning anyway, so you may as well make it the historic one. Get your caffeine fix at 1912 Pike Place, Seattle, WA 98101.
- The Space Needle. What is it? What's it for? No one knows. But it was in the opening sequence of "Frasier," so it must be a cool thing to do in Seattle, Washington. Check out this classic attraction at 400 Broad Street, Seattle, WA 98109.
- Bill Gates House. Located on the lovely shores of Lake Washington, this 66,000 square-foot home gives you a window into what true power feels like. Pay a visit to the lap of luxury at 1835 73rd Avenue NE, Medina, WA 98039.
- Savor Seattle Food Tours. Whether you gravitate to coffee, wine, cheese, chocolate, or beer, these guys have you covered. They offer three different tours, ranging in price from $39 to $69 and all among the classiest things to do in Seattle, Washington. The company is based at 1916 Pike Place, Suite 12-480, Seattle, WA 98101.
- Argosy Cruises. Check out the Seattle skyline from the comfort of one of Argosy's elegant cruise ships. The view of the Olympic Mountains is unbeatable, and we hear the food's not bad, either. Ships depart from various docks; company headquarters is at 1101 Alaskan Way, Pier 55 Suite 201, Seattle, WA 98101.
- Underground Tour. Learn the history of the city from a famously funny tour guide. You'll walk through the Seattle of the 1890's, most of which is now underground. Explore the things to do in Seattle, Washington beneath the modern city. Tours begin at 608 First Avenue, Seattle, WA 98104.
- Experience Music Project/Science Fiction Museum. Try your hand at rock guitar and meet the original E.T., all in one trip. General admission is $15. Kill two birds with one stone at 325 5th Ave N, Seattle, WA 98109.
- Crystal Mountain. Anyone looking for things to do in Seattle, Washington in winter or spring should hit these slopes -- the ski season in Seattle lasts until May. Crystal Mountain has other draws in the summer, including horseback riding and gondola rides. Visit Washington's greatest outdoors at 33914 Crystal Mountain Blvd., Crystal Mountain, WA 98022.
- Teatro ZinZanni. A mix of comedy, cabaret, and Cirque-style acrobatics, the show at Teatro ZinZanni puts a stunning new spin on dinner theater. If the dancers weren't enough to make this one of the hottest things to do in Seattle, Washington, the five-course gourmet banquet alone would be. Eat your fill and feast your eyes at 222 Mercer Street, Seattle, WA 98109.
- Museum of Glass. For a modern cultural experience, visit this unusual art museum. Watch the glass sculptors work in their functioning studio, or view one of their documentaries and learn the mysteries of this very precise art form. Admission is $12. See the cutting edge of sculpture at 1801 Dock Street, Tacoma, WA 98402.