There are quite a few choices of things to do while camping in the rain. Entertaining yourself doesn't have to be hard, even if the weather turns while camping. The important thing is to be prepared ahead of time.
You will need:
- playing cards
- books and magazines
- chips and soda
- radio or cell phone
- Play cards. Depending on how many people are camping, there are plenty of card games to play in your tent. Gin rummy, war or poker are all fun card game choices and can be played no matter what the weather.
- Read a book or magazine. Make sure you have flashlights or battery powered lanterns when camping. That way, even if the sky gets dark and rainy, you can relax with something good to read when camping in the rain.
- Tell stories. This is a great time to catch up with your friends or family. Or, if you're so inclined, what better time for telling scary stories than while camping in the dark woods in the rain?
- Pig out on junk food. Hey, you can't very well cook when it's raining, right? Might as well take advantage of the excuse and gorge yourself on beef jerky or candy bars when camping in the rain! Just be sure you store the food in a tightly closed container when not eating to avoid attracting animals, like bears.
- Catch up on sleep when camping in the rain. Let yourself be lulled by the sound of rain on your tent and get some sleep, even if it's daytime. That way, you'll be wide awake and in top form for outdoor activities when the sky clears.
- If you're camping in the rain in an area that has cell reception, you can use your cell phone to listen to music, play games or text your friends at home.
If you get caught in the rain when camping, remember to stay safe. If there is lightning or severe thunderstorms, you may be better off packing it in, if possible, and camping another time.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
8 Things All Guys Should Stop Doing by Age 30
You're a man now, dog.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.