Finding things to talk about on the phone can be daunting when you are calling a new romantic interest. It can be difficult to make conversation, especially if you are shy. Often, the best way to get a conversation going is to get the other person to talk about herself. Check out some of the conversation gambits below if you want some tips about things to talk about on the phone:
- Ask her person about her day at work. Work is where most of us spend the largest part of our waking hours. Your new friend probably has a story or two about what happened at work that day.
- Talk about local events. Local festivals with food and music can be especially fun to talk about on the phone. Best of all, if you talk about upcoming events, you can even make plans for a date.
- Ask her what her favorite TV shows are. You will probably find that you watch at least one or two of the same ones. Favorite shows and characters can give you hours worth of things to talk about on the phone.
- Ask her what sort of music she listens to. If the two of you have some favorites in common or if she is familiar with a genre that you do not know much about, you will find that the two of you will have a lot to talk about on the phone.
- Ask her what her favorite food is. This leads quite naturally to talk about favorite restaurants and favorite meals. Both of these subjects can give you a lot to talk about on the phone. And, as with local events, it is easy to segue from making conversation to making a date.