Before making the decision to settle down for good, check out these things to think about before getting married. Marriage is a life-long commitment that shouldn’t be taken lightly. Here are several things you might want to think about before getting married.
- Habits: You’ve probably already accepted your girlfriend’s habits by now. However, you need to ask yourself if you’re ready to spend the rest of your life ignoring those things. For example, if she takes your bathroom hostage whenever she comes over, she may continue doing so in marriage. You have to remember that some women need time to get ready and this includes taking an hour or so to complete the job. Learning to live with someone’s bad habits doesn’t end just because you’re getting married.
- Nitpicks: If she hassles you about every little thing you do before marriage, you are in trouble when you actually marry her. Most women like structure and organization. If your apartment is messy or not up to her standards, she may voice her opinion on the matter. Unless you’re willing to change your living style, marriage may not be for you. But if you’re willing to discuss a few changes, things may work out just fine.
- Having kids: Most couples think about raising a family before getting married. This is a very important thing to consider in any committed relationship. Having children requires patience, understanding and team-work. It’s not easy before, during or after pregnancy. Although some women have it easy, others may not. If you’re a strong man and can handle changing diapers and taking over the 1 a.m. feedings after a long day of work, you’re beyond ready for getting married. In fact, you’re a godsend.
- In-laws: Yes, it’s quite possible that her parents will be stopping by for dinner at times after you get married. Some men are fortunate enough to be their in-law’s favorite person. But there are some men who just can’t catch a break – especially if your girl’s a daddy’s girl. If you can smile, grit your teeth and just agree with whatever they say, you’re ready for marriage.
- Financial stable: Although it’s not everything, being financially stable is one of the most important things to think about if you want to start a family. Most couples begin marriage with very little. They save and work hard for future endeavors. If you just can’t hold a job or pull your weight in a marriage, you probably need to wait until you can.
Marriage is based on love and understanding. The most important thing to think about before marriage is how special that other person is now and will be later.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.