Thinking Of You Quotes
It's always nice to know that someone has special thoughts for you and thinking of you quotes are one way to let someone know that they are special. Quotes are an easy way to put down into words something that you couldn't think up yourself. Quotes are also a way to quickly grab an idea, even if you consider yourself a wordsmith. Quotations sometimes are taken from famous writings or from poetry, but most times they're simply said by some smart aleck. It's a good thing for most people that these smarty pants are around because the rest of us would be out of luck for words.
- "I am thinking of you, in my sleepless solitude tonight." - Mariah Carey. The song diva may have just the right thinking of you quote in this statement. Of course, if you quote Ms. Carey to some men, they lose their train of thought totally and get distracted thinking of her in her sparkly dresses. It's probably best to leave any attribution off this quote and just use the statement itself. This quote is not for use with someone you just met, unless, of course, you have it bad for them and want the relationship to speed forward at lighting speed. If you don't mind wearing your heart on your sleeve, then, this quote's for you.
- "How like a winter hath my absence been from thee." William Shakespeare. The Bard has a little something in the quote department for everyone. Hate, love and the old standard "thinking of you" quotes. Only Shakespeare's quotes are not so standard. He puts the words back to back in a way that mere mortals can't do so easily. If you're thinking about a highbrow significant other, then go for a Shakespeare quote. This quote has shades of Ms. Carey's sentiment. A cold and sleepless night without the one you're thinking about. Both heart tugs for someone who might need reminding that you're thinking about them.
- " Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling in at night. I miss you like hell." Edna St. Vincent Millay. The poetess Ms. Millay could write a heartfelt poem, but she was also handy with a quote. She rallied for human rights and she could cuss like a longshoreman when she was inspired. "Hell" was a racy word when she was carrying protest signs in the 1920s and, certainly a word that few women used in public. So, if you want someone to know you're thinking of them and you want to cuss, here's the perfect quote. Image this fine saying on a Valentine.
- "Just think of me and I will be there." Richard Reeves. Human observer and columnist Reeves hits the thinking of you nail dead on with this quote about reminding someone of your presence. The bottom line is if people have good thoughts about another, every time you come to mind, it will be like a little piece of yourself is there with the person. This quote reminds the person to think of you in a way that doesn't beg them to remember. It simply puts it out there. I'm there for you, whenever.
- "I know cause your memory lingers; I think about you night and day." John Hiatt. Singer/songwriter Hiatt has a way with the thinking of you sentiment and this quote fits a relationship where you may have had something and you blew it, or the other person could have had something and they blew it. Either way; the memory of the little bit of knowing each other still lingers. The 24/7 thought boosts the quote up to another level, however. This is another quote you want to use sparingly and with great care. You just might get what you want. Caveat emptor.