Your first and second dates were a blast, but now it's getting a little more serious and you're wondering where to go on the third date. There are also certain 'implications' that go along with date number three. The pressure is on to come up with something romantic that allows you to get to know each other a little better.
- Play it safe. You've probably already met for coffee, drinks or had dinner. It's perfectly acceptable to repeat one of these dates or a combination thereof, but you may want to step it up a notch. Try a new restaurant that's gotten great reviews or choose one based on a type of cuisine she's mentioned that she likes. It will prove you've been listening and put some thought into the plans for the evening. If you've got some talent in the kitchen and a decently decorated (and clean) apartment, consider inviting her over for a homemade meal. Maybe your night will even conclude in the bedroom.
- Meet the friends. If you really feel like this girl could turn into a girlfriend, now might be the time to meet her friends or introduce her to your posse. This is a great way to get some feedback from your buddies and observe her interacting with the people that mean the most to you. However, this can be a big step for some, so proceed with caution.
- Do something silly. One of the best ways to get to know someone is to put yourself in an unusual situation. Try doing something that's new for one or both of you, such as ice skating, taking a cooking class or tennis lessons. This unorthodox third date will surely be a memorable one, and you'll certainly learn a lot about each other. Getting your adrenaline pumping can end up being a very good thing…
Where NOT to go:
- To the movies or a play. By now, the point is to get to know each other and this venue doesn't allow for conversation.
- A hotel. Unless you both really are ready to take that step, try to be a little subtle.
- Your parent's. Three words: too much pressure.