This Thousand Island dressing recipe will have you eating your vegetables like nobody's business. Thousand Island dressing is a rich, creamy dressing that is both tangy and sweet. It's delicious on all kinds of lettuce salads and is great eaten as a dip. Thousand Island dressing got its name from the region where it was invented. In upstate New York, there is a fishing resort area called 1000 Islands. One of the men operated a business where he took tourists on fishing parties. He served the anglers lunch and on the salad, he served a dressing his wife made. Her name was Sophia LaLonde. The dressing became popular with guests, who requested the recipe so they could make it themselves. One of the guests named it "Thousand Island."
To make Thousand Island dressing, you will need:
- 3 hard boiled eggs
- 1/4 cup Worchestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 4 cups mayonnaise
- pinch of ground cloves
- 3/4 cup pickle relish, sweet
- 1/2 cup black olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup red pepper, diced fine
- Boil the eggs. Add water to a saucepan and bring it to a boil. Carefully slide the eggs into the water using a large spoon. Let boil for twenty minutes then remove the eggs with the spoon and place in a strainer. Run cold water over the eggs to stop them from cooking.
- Peel and dice the eggs. Remove the shells from the eggs. Dice the hard-boiled eggs into fine pieces. Add the eggs to a mixing bowl.
- Mix together. Add all of the ingredients to the bowl and mix thoroughly. Chill for half-hour if desired or serve right away.
- Store in the refrigerator. Because this Thousand Island dressing recipe contains mayonnaise, store it in the refrigerator.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
8 Things All Guys Should Stop Doing by Age 30
You're a man now, dog.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”