Tikka Rifles use modern manufacturing techniques to reduce cost and maintain good quality in hunting rifles. Tikka rifles are made by Sako of Finland, a 90 year old firearm manufacturer. In 2000 the company merged with Beretta to provide international distribution for their Tikka rifles. Shooters have mixed reviews of these rifles. Some find the manufacturing lacking due to the modern manufacturing techniques that "cut corners," such as bead blasting the surface on stainless barrels to a matte surface instead of giving them a high polish. Others find these rifles to out-shoot many classic rifles at higher cost. Other reviewers indicate the synthetic stocks and smooth action feel more rugged and beat out Remington model 700 rifles that are known for their reliability by hunters, military and police.
- Tac Tactical rifle shooting has become ever more popular as competitors challenge one another out to 1000 yards. With a free-floating cold-hammer forged barrel, adjustable cheek piece and threaded barrel for a muzzle break or silencer mount, this rifle comes out of the box with sub M.O.A. accuracy.
- Hunter The hunter is a classic styled hunting rifle with modern manufacturing for extreme precision in an off-the-line rifle. The walnut stock has modern styling in the checkering and a traditional silhouette.
- Hunter Stainless The stainless model of the Hunter provides greater weather protection for those hunts where the weather turns on you.
- Camo Stainless This rifle has a polymer stock printed with a Realtree Hardwoods® HD™ pattern.
- Lite This rifle has a light, fiberglass reinforced polymer stock for reduced weight.
- Battue The Battue includes high visibility fiber-optic sights for easy target acquisition.
- Sporter The Sporter sports a laminated stock and a medium barrel that can come threaded for addition of a muzzle break or suppressor mount. This rifle is marketed for hunting as well as competition.
- Varmint This rifle comes with an ergonomic cheek piece on a synthetic stock. A medium barrel reduces recoil.
- Varmint Stainless The stainless model increases the weather protection over the standard varmint model.
- Super Varmint The Super Varmint Tikka 3 rifle adds an adjustable cheek piece to the Varmint Stainless and has a built in picatinny rail for mounting optics.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.