Tips For Opening A Bank Account In Australia
If you're going to move to the Great Down Under, you'll definitely benefit from these tips for opening a bank account in Australia. Working in Australia, or anywhere for that matter, is not impossible without a proper checking and savings account. However, if you want to open a bank account in Australia, you're going to have to do so using their 100 Points System—a method of keeping track of what kind of documents a prospective account holder has. So follow these tips for opening a bank account in Australia and you'll find your life in the country to much more lucrative and enjoyable in general.
To start opening a bank account in Australia, you're going to need:
- A passport, driver's license, or certificate of Australian citizenship
- Either a gun carrier's license, driver's license (preferably Australian, but any one should do), public service employee ID, or government financial settlement
- Proof of Australian land rates
- Either a Medicare card, credit card, store account card, library card, utility bill or union card
- Show the bank your passport, birth certificate, or citizenship certificate. This will be worth 70 points and the largest contributor towards opening a bank account in Australia. Note that you can only get points from one of these items.
- Present your driver's license, gun carrier's license, public service employee ID, or a commonwealth or state government financial settlement. This will add another 40 points to your total score. These licenses must have either a photograph or a signature, but preferably both.
- Give the bank proof of land rates. To get 35 more points, give the bank Australia's version of property tax documentation. This proof is available only to home owners or home buyers in Australia.
- Show the bank a Medicare card, credit card, store account card, library card, utility bill, or union card. This will award you with 25 additional points towards your ability to start opening a bank account in Australia.
- Add up your total amount of points. If you've got 100 or more points at this time, then you'll be allowed the privilege to open a bank account in Australia.
To make the most of your time in the country, you're going to need to follow these tips for opening a bank account in Australia. In reality, this process entails getting all of the proper documentation in order and presenting it at your bank of choice. After that, you'll be able to enjoy all the benefits other Australian account holders enjoy and really make the most of the money you're earning there.