Knowing how to read sexual body language can help from everything from the first date to the bedroom. It can be a good way to gauge a partner's interest and pick up on these essential non-verbal cues. While reading body language can be a complex process, there are some basics that can make a big difference.
- Synchrony. Mirroring the other person's body language can be a sign of attraction. At the very least it is a way of indicating that you are on the same page and building closeness with the other person.
- Body placement. It's common to align your body towards the object of your attraction. This means turning the face, shoulders, and hips in their direction while seated at a bar or leaning in towards them while having a conversation.
- Playing with hair. Some sexual body language experts believe that a woman fidgeting with her hair or repeatedly tucking it behind her ear can be a sign of sexual interest. Be careful with this one though, it could also be a nervous gesture or mean that she just wants to get her hair out of her face.
- Other Facial Gestures. People tend to have more animated facial expressions when they are attracted to someone. A tip of the head can be a subtly flirtatious gesture. Raising and lowering the eyebrows can mean various things depending on the context, but some studies have shown that this can be a indication of sexual interest.
- Touch. Studies of body language indicate that a one second or less touch on the arm or shoulder can be interpreted as a friendly gesture, but anything longer is a sign of sexual attraction.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."
10 Real-Life Heroes Who Inspired Indiana Jones
Legend has it, these guys are the real MVPs.