Knowing how to read sexual body language can help from everything from the first date to the bedroom. It can be a good way to gauge a partner's interest and pick up on these essential non-verbal cues. While reading body language can be a complex process, there are some basics that can make a big difference.
- Synchrony. Mirroring the other person's body language can be a sign of attraction. At the very least it is a way of indicating that you are on the same page and building closeness with the other person.
- Body placement. It's common to align your body towards the object of your attraction. This means turning the face, shoulders, and hips in their direction while seated at a bar or leaning in towards them while having a conversation.
- Playing with hair. Some sexual body language experts believe that a woman fidgeting with her hair or repeatedly tucking it behind her ear can be a sign of sexual interest. Be careful with this one though, it could also be a nervous gesture or mean that she just wants to get her hair out of her face.
- Other Facial Gestures. People tend to have more animated facial expressions when they are attracted to someone. A tip of the head can be a subtly flirtatious gesture. Raising and lowering the eyebrows can mean various things depending on the context, but some studies have shown that this can be a indication of sexual interest.
- Touch. Studies of body language indicate that a one second or less touch on the arm or shoulder can be interpreted as a friendly gesture, but anything longer is a sign of sexual attraction.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
13 Pro Wrestling Tales Too Crazy to be True—But They Are!
Because the gnarliest stuff happens when the cameras are off.