Top 10 80's Rock Songs
These top 10 80’s rock songs aren’t cherry picked off of a top ten chart. They were chosen by a bunch of 80’s rock junkies who picked each one for a reason. These songs have the ability to make you want to get up and dance. They induce emotions from the heart and the soul. These top 10 80’s songs are the ones that will be remembered for all time.
- AC/DC “You Shook me all Night Long”. There wasn’t a wild haired female alive in the 80’s that didn’t get up and shake her ass when this song came on. It was like every man’s fantasy to see the wiggling and a shacking going on in those miniskirts and skin tight jeans. This song was so popular it is on two of AC/DC’s albums and made it to number 10 on VH1’s Top 100 songs of the 80’s.
- Guns N Roses “Sweet Child OMine”. Every guy wanted to be as desired as Axl Rose. They wanted to be drooled on and mobbed by the wild girls that rushed the stage. Axl Rose rocked those leather pants like no other man could. From their Appetite for Destruction album this song hit number one on the billboard charts.
- Def Leppard “Pour Some Sugar on Me” Another great get up and dance song that made the boys want to sour their sugar all over those ass wiggling girls. Hitting number two on the billboard charts this is from their Hysteria album.
- Police “Every Breath you Take” They were many slow dances to this song. With everyone professing their love for one another. Popular both in the US and the UK this song was number one in both of the Billboard charts.
- Bon Jovi “Livin’ on a Prayer” Although this song was a popular dance hit, it also spoke to couple everywhere that were struggling to make ends meet and living from paycheck to paycheck. Off the Slippery when Wet album this top 80’s rock song spent 4 weeks at number one.
- U2 “With or Without You” Off of the Joshua Tree album this song spent time at number one in the US, the UK, and Canada. This song has a rhythm that is just calming to hearing.
- Guns N Roses “Welcome to the Jungle” Another popular release from their Appetite for Destruction album this was and still is a favorite song among many. This song is an anthem for some with the way they feel about school, work or life in general.
- Salt N Pepa “Push It” Maybe not technically classified as a rock song but you could not go anywhere without hearing it playing. Weddings, dances, parties it didn’t matter. “Push it” was there and every girl in the room was dancing to it.
- Joan Jett & the Blackhearts “I Love Rock N Roll” This song spent seven weeks on the Billboard Top 100 charts. The success of the song sent the I Love Rock & Roll Album to number two on the Billboard Top 200.
- Cyndi Lauper “Girls Just Want to have Fun” This was the anthem to girls everywhere and the video was every girl’s life. As Cyndi Lauper’s first song as a solo artist it topped the charts around the world.