Curious about the top 10 best auto racing movies? Combat your traffic jam blues by checking out our list of the best auto racing movies. Forget tomorrow’s slow commute and escape to a world filled with beautiful cars, white knuckle races and gorgeous groupies by renting one of these auto racing movie classics.
- “Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby” Will Ferrel gives an amusing performance as the fictional car racer with two first names. It’s satire at its finest.
- “Days of Thunder” This gritty snapshot of the NASCAR lifestyle still holds its own decades after its release. “Days of Thunder” features actual racing footage and a gripping final race sequence.
- “Driven” Sly Stallone takes on the auto racing genre with predictable results. This flick has entertaining racing scenes, but the plot may leave you wanting.
- “Speed Racer” Trumped-up special effects can’t compete with the real thing, but sometimes you want something simple, stupid and fantastic looking. It’s auto racing eye-candy, pure and simple.
- “Cannonball Run” Burt Reynolds hightails it across the country in a highly-modified ambulance. Slapstick comedy fans never had it so good.
- “The Fast and the Furious” “The Fast and the Furious” sets the gold standard for high adrenaline street racing flicks. It’s a real guy's movie; the anti-“Bridget Jones' Diary.”
- “Death Race” Prison inmates transform into modern gladiators fighting for their freedom in a high-stakes drag race. If you liked “Escape from New York,” you’ll love the look and feel of this movie.
- “Redline” The filmmakers used their personal collection of cars, including a Ferrari, a Lamborghini and a customized Mercedes for this one. Get ready for some serious car envy.
- “Herbie Fully Loaded” Hooray for the little guy! Hard-core racing fans may shake their heads, but many moviegoers can appreciate this little-engine-that-could story. Just look at the ticket sales; the film grossed more than 66 million dollars in the United States alone.
- “Six Pack” Kenny Rogers stars as a washed-up racer with a pit crew staffed by mechanically-minded orphaned kids. Keep an eye out for a young Anthony Michael Hall in his acting debut.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?