Among the thousands of released musical albums released in the decade, these stand as the top ten best selling albums of the '90s. From Shania to Santana, these artists remain as mementos to the legacy of the 1990s.
Whitney Houston – "Bodyguard." Starring Whitney Houston and Kevin Costner, "The Bodyguard" brags the best-selling soundtrack and album of the 1990s. The album, primarily featuring the talents of Whitney Houston, and, with over 39 million albums sold contains such hits as "I Will Always Love You" and "I'm Every Woman."
- Shania Twain – "Come On Over." As Shania Twain's third studio album, Come on Over is the second-best-selling albums released in the 1990s, and continues to be the best-selling country album of all time. Delivering traditional country with a pop-rock edge, "Come on Over" has sold over 35 million copies since it's 1997 release.
- Alanis Morissette – "Jagged Little Pill." The third-best selling album of the 1990s is singer-songwriter Alanis Morissette's most critically acclaimed album, Jagged Little Pill. It has been purchased 32 million times since it's release in '95, and remains loved for it's delivered classics such as "You Oughta Know" and "Hand in My Pocket."
- Celine Dion – "Let's Talk About Love." "Let's Talk About Love" was Celine Dion's best selling album, with an estimated 30 million copies sold. The album packs an award-winning punch, with the instantly recognizable hit "My Heart Will Go On."
Celine Dion – "Falling Into You." "Falling Into You" was powerhouse Celine Dion's fourth album and one of her most successful; the album includes such power-ballads as "All by Myself" "The Power of the Dream."
- ABBA – "Gold." ABBA, one of the most successful musical groups of all time, released their first "greatest hits" compilation in 1992, "Gold." Soon after, it became one of the most successful compilation albums in recent memory, selling nearly 29 million copies to date.
Soundtrack – "Titanic." One of the most popular movies of all time bore one of the most popular soundtracks, Titanic. Released the same day as Celine Dion's incredibly popular "Let's Talk About Love," it also features "My Heart Will Go On," although the bulk of the albums was written by James Horner.
Santana – "Supernatural." Earning 9 Grammy Awards and selling well over 23 million albums, Carlos Santana's latin-pop album "Supernatural" is often hailed as the spark that re-ignited his waning career.
- Backstreet Boys – "Millennium." Written in 1999 to hail the upcoming year 2000, Backstreet Boys unloosed their album "Millennium" to high praise and mass attention. Breaking their previous record, the album has sold 26 million copies, and was decorated with 5 Grammy Awards.
- Metallica – "Metallica." Metallica's self titled album, often referred to as "The Black Album," features the heavy metal group's most recognizable songs such as "Enter Sandman" and "Wherever I May Roam." The record has sold 25.6 million albums to date.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.