There is true horror when there is someone out to get you—what's even more horrifying is when they are wielding a sharp object ready to gut you, rip your eyes out and then sacrifice your body (too far?); here is a look into the 10 best slasher movies of all time:
- "The Texas Chain Saw Massacre" (1974) – This horrific tale of unfortunate events, created by Tobe Hooper, started a new wave of blood-splattering that no one would ever forget. "The Texas Chain Saw Massacre" is a rude awakening to sick thoughts and a terrifying moments in cinema history that every must see. Leatherface will always be remembered for his onslaught of pure slaughter and his gruesome instrument of death.
- "Psycho" (1960) – Hitchcock's "Psycho" would be a forerunner to create one of the most gruesome genres in cinema. This classic of all classic slasher films could be said to be the blueprints of all modern horror. Without Hitchcock's brilliant tale of a mentally disturbed killer, the slasher genre would not be as we know it today.
- "Halloween" (1978) – Michael Myers shows us that being pushed to the edge of madness brings terrifying results. In the credits he is known as "The Shape," but Michael is something more than a figure, he has a sick mind that creates a classic villain in the slasher genre.
- "Friday the 13th" (1980) – Even the person least suspected to be a killer could become one if her son is in danger. "Friday The 13th" has a very unsuspecting psycho that in turn creates a catalyst of one of the most dark figures in slasher history, Jason Voorhees. The sight of losing one's child can cause any mother to lose their mind and begin a rampaging killing spree, which gives us one of the greatest slasher movies of all time.
- "American Psycho" (2000) – Patrick Bateman is one of the most complex slashers of all time. "American Psycho" provides a look into the life of the villain that we don't get to see in most slasher films. Christian Bale's performance was not only breakthrough for his career, but also a breakthrough in creating the mind of a serial killer.
- "Scream" (1996) – When you thought the horror genre was dying, "Scream" brings us back to the theaters to revive the slasher genre. Many sequels to old slashers were coming out, but "Scream" takes a vivid look into the horror genre while bringing us a terrifying killer. Movies don't create psychos, movies just make psychos more creative according to this classic slasher flick.
- "A Nightmare on Elm Street" (1984) – Just when we thought we were safe, psycho killers can now enter our dreams and rip us to pieces. Freddy Krueger gave us a reason not to fall asleep and we are forever thankful. A different take on revenge, Krueger brought new imagination to how slashers would kill their victims. One, two Freddy's coming for you and no one is safe anymore.
- "Child's Play" (1988) – Few characters bring us chills everywhere we turn in life and what Chucky did for dolls was unthinkable. After "Child's Play" you would see a doll and just shudder at the thought of how creepy they look. Chucky is an unforgettable villain that proves size doesn't matter. Never let a doll tell you that "Hide the Soul" is a game that everyone should play because it will not end well for you.
- "My Bloody Valentine 3D" (2009) – Nothing says date movie like a 3D ride to Hell, or so it seems. "My Bloody Valentine 3D," not only was gruesome, fun and violent, it created a snowball effect for the 3D film trend that is making every film studio demand 3D! It was a sure thrill ride bringing audiences into the victims horrible situations. This film brought the fun back into 3D movies indefinitely.
- "Black Christmas" (1974) – A tale of terror for all women as it brings the horror straight to their beloved sorority house. Christmas will not be as terrifying until you meet Billy and Agnes. This is a pure classic in the slasher genre brought a new definition of psycho and disturbed families.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
You might be little spoon or perhaps a Belieber. Or, if you’re lucky, one popular country star.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Why Most Men Should Never Wear Timberlands
Unless you're doing some sort of manual labor, say goodbye to these boots.