Top 10 Best Subwoofers
The top ten best subwoofers should have the following in common; They give people that special, low-end sound that you hear so often in movie theaters, but that can only be reached with a dedicated, bass channel that is open. Good subwoofers also should plug in that elusive and missing element in your stereo system.
- Definitive Technology ProSub 800. This is the subwoofer to buy if you care about crossover as well as sound quality. With a balanced system, you're sure to enjoy the sounds.
- Onkyo SKW204 Bass Reflex Powered. One of the best subwoofers on our list, this Onkyo model has a 230 watt amplifier and a ten inch cone subwoofer. With all that power, you will get super sound quality.
- Yamaha YST-SW 315 Digital Pro Series. This Yamaha subwoofer employs the QD Bass technology. More than a tricky name, this technology endows this subwoofer with the ability to reverberate sound into four, alternate directions when playing from a single source.
- Sony SA-W3000 Performance Line. This subwoofer is all about performance. With a mica-reinforced, cellular woofer construction and motion feedback technology, this Sony subwoofer provides excellent value for the money.
- JBL ES250PBK 400 Watt High-Powered. This subwoofer equals deeper bass sounds with less turbulence. It accomplishes this by way of cellulose-fiber cones that have a uniform, pistonic gyration.
- BIC America V-1220 12 Inch 430 Watt. A deadly combination of a high current amplifier with a twelve inch driver makes for a good time watching videos, as port noise often heard is now a non-factor. It also comes with a down-firing, long-throw design.
- Polk Audio PSW 505. This subwoofer is outfitted with a twelve inch cone and also an MDF casing with a one inch baffle. With a power saving feature that turns the subwoofer on only when it recognizes a signal, this is a smart subwoofer.
- Kenwood KFC-W3011 1200 Watt 12 Inch. This Kenwood subwoofer is meant for you to crank it loud. With an excellent sound level at all volume notches, this subwoofer is your go-to model for parties and the like.
- Klipsch KSW-10 10 Inch 225 Watt. This Klipsch subwoofer comes with a ten inch, down-firing, fiber composite cone woofer. That basically means that this will ensure you maximum bass response as well as dependability.
- Mirage Omni S-8. This subwoofer features Mirage's own Ribbed Elliptical Surround feature. This means this subwoofer is built to reduce noise and reverberation for sweeter sounds.