Want to know what the top 10 billionaires in America do for a living now that they're rich? Software inventors, heirs and heiress to fortunes, self-made CEO’s all living the good life. Once you’ve reached this level of fortune they sky’s the limit. Whether they work as philanthropist, politicians or enjoy their wealth they are indeed living large.
- Bill Gates (55) – $54 Billion. Gates amassed his fortune at the dawning of the computer age. Once the richest man in the world this top 10 billionaire in America is a college dropout married and has three children. He left his software company, Microsoft, for which he was owner and CEO and now works with his wife in their charity foundation to help irradiate diseases and fight world hunger.
- Warren Buffet (80) – $45 Billion. Buffet is a college graduated with MS degree, currently remarried and has three children. Currently Buffet works as chairman and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway, a company that manages and overseas subsidiary companies such as auto insurance, life insurance, annuity sales and sales of jewelry.
- Larry Ellison (66) – $27 Billion. Drop out of not one but two universities this self-made top ten billionaire in America is one of the highest paid executives in the country. Currently a CEO of Oracle, a company that specializes in developing hardware, software and database management systems. He is married and has two children and is one of the top ten billionaires in America.
- Christy Walton (55) – $24 Billion. She’s an heiress to Wal-Mart, the largest retailer in the world. She’s a widow and has only one child. Christy is a full-time philanthropist who supports museums, education and organic gardening.
- Charles Koch (75) – $21.5 Billion. He graduated college with two bachelor degrees is married and has two kids. Garnered his fortune in energy production passed down by his father Fred Koch. Charles currently works in the family business as CEO and chairman.
- David Koch (70) – $21.5 Billion. Like his brother he also graduated college with two bachelor degrees is married and has three children. He works as Executive Vice President for the family business.
- Jim Walton (62) – $21 Billion. The youngest heir to the largest retailer the same as Christy Walton. One of the top 10 billionaires in America Jim is a college graduate, married and has four children. He currently oversees the Arvest Bank, which is the Walton family’s savings and loan operation.
- Alice Walton (61) – $20 Billion. Another heiress to the Walton fortune, Alice is a college graduate currently divorced and did not have children. As one of the top 10 billionaires in America she’s currently a board member of the Walton Family Foundation.
- S. Robson Walton (66) – $19.7 Billion. Walton is an active heir of the Walton family business he graduate college with two bachelor’s degrees and a law degree. He is currently married and has three children. He has been the chairman of the family business since 1992.
- Michael Bloomberg (68) – $18 Billion. One of the top 10 billionaires in America that’s self-made, Bloomberg started his own financial software, data and news company. Currently the mayor of New York City he pays himself $1 in salary.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
What You Can Learn From Your Date’s Outfit—Including How Luc...
From the daddy’s girl to the free spirit to the trendsetter, we’ve got you covered.
10 Reasons Your Wife Is Unhappy in Your Marriage
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.