These top ten classic rock songs are some of those masterpieces that will make your hair stand on end for a minute or two. The classic rock interludes will forever be imprinted on our culture. Whether seventeen or seventy, fans hear these songs and can't get enough.
- "Stairway to Heaven" by Led Zeppelin. One of the first reviews of this song from a college town newspaper read, "…the best musical representation of an orgasm I've ever heard." It is played at proms, funerals, and weddings; it is a cultural classic.
- "Free Bird" by Lynard Skynard. This half-ballad up-tempo masterpiece is the most requested song in history. It brings grown men to tears as they flip their lighters waiting to hear the often times fourteen minute live rendition by the band.
- "Riders On The Storm" by The Doors. The last song recorded before Morrison's death, this song lives in the psyche of fans. Its haunting lyrics speak to fans and it is a favorite love song for many classic rockers.
- "Comfortably Numb" by Pink Floyd. The solo in this song has been described as almost inhuman. The lyrics echo memories of lost childhood innocence. Dark, yet beautiful, it will live on as a classic.
- "Truckin'" by The Grateful Dead. Written by true cultural ambassadors, Truckin' reminds listeners to appreciate the long strange trip that life is. The song permeates through generations finding new fans every decade.
- "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen. This song although it has no chorus, is nevertheless one of the most well orchestrated songs in history. It is an epic rock opera in the truest sense of the word.
- "All Along The Watchtower" by Jimi Hendrix. Although the song was originally written by Bob Dylan, the cover by Hendrix is by itself a revolutionary anthem. Dylan, so impressed by the rendition, plays it how Jimmy does.
- "Proud Mary" by CCR. Covered hundreds of times since its release, "Proud Mary" is a rhythmic masterpiece. The soulful, Cajun tune will forever be a crowd pleaser and lifter of fan's spirits.
- "Let It Be" by The Beatles. Arguably one of the most inspirational songs ever, the melody and lyrics move the hearts of fans like no other. It pulls on heartstrings strongly as it is one of the last songs the Beatles performed together.
- "Free Fallin" by Tom Petty. This culturally decadent song is a favorite because of its simple but timeless chorus. It is raw and speaks to fans aching to take a walk on the wild side of life.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...