Top 10 Club Songs 2009
The year 2009 was a fun and hip year, and so are the top ten club songs 2009. En vogue artists collaborated with house DJ heroes, and the result is music that will make you want to get up and dance.
- "When Love Takes Over" Artist: David Guetta. This song has a driving beat. It is a collaboration between DJ Guetta and Kelly Rowland. The song was a YouTube hit, with over 70 million views, making this song popular online and in the dance clubs. "When Love Takes Over" managed the impressive feat of being number one across thirteen different music charts worldwide, including Spain, Romania and the USA.
- "Celebration" Artist: Madonna. This certainly isn’t Madonna’s first number on hit. This poppy song is a tribute to Madonna’s life in music and makes reference to Madonna’s iconic hits like "Deeper and Deeper" and "Vogue." Released first off her new album, this single reached number one on the Billboard Dance chart. It is Madonna’s 55th song to get into the Billboard Hot 100.
- "Sounds of Missing You" Artist: Ameerah. The artist’s name translates as princess in Arabic, and this pop princess is really earning her title with this single. This song is a poignant description of the end of a relationship and managed to reach number three on the Billboard Hot Dance Airplay chart.
- "I Remember" Artist: Kaskade and Deadmau5. DJ Joel Zimmerman, who goes by the name Deadmau5 (pronounced ‘deadmouse’), gets his name from his live performances during which he wears a red mouse costume. Kaskade’s famous dance style blends well with Deadmoa5’s heavier house brand of music.
- "Evacuate the Dancefloor" Artist: Cascada. This catchy hit from club favorite Cascada was featured on the Billboard Hot 100 and reached number one on the chart’s Dance Airplay chart. The song includes rap from Carlprit. The song is criticized as a rip-off of Lady Gaga’s "Lets Dance," but according to internet sources, Cascada’s song actually inspired Gaga.
- "Fight For You" Artist: Morgan Page. This song became a hit after it was featured on the iPhone’s "Tap Tap Revenge 2" game application. It also recently appeared on "Melrose Place." This single is a preview of the upcoming album "Believe."
- "Sexy Chick" Artist: David Guetta. This song was a massive hit with clubs worldwide. It is the censored version of Guetta’s major hit "Sexy Bitch." The single has sold really well, with 900,000 copies sold worldwide.
- "Let the Feeling Go" Artist: AnnaGrace. This group was previously known as Ian Van Dahl, a Belgium dance band. This new name seems to be bringing the group success since this is their second single to reach Billboard’s Hot Dance Airplay chart’s number one. Their other single, "You Make Me Feel" is also worth a listen.
- "Hang On" Artist: Plumber. This great hit is all about hope. It’s from Plumber’s album, "Beautiful History."
- "My Love" Artist: Airscape and JES. Airscape’s DJ, Johan Gielen and JES (who provides the vocals) give us a great hit about a favorite theme: summer love.
Posted on: Dec. 13, 2010