Top 10 Country Hits 2008
Reminisce with these top 10 country hits of 2008. Country music had many different subgenres in 2008, making this list of songs full of variety. So get out your cowboy boots and get ready for the top country songs of 2008.
- “Chicken Fried” by Zac Brown Band. Front man Zac Brown wrote this song on one of the anniversaries of 9/11, during a time he was thinking about all he had to be thankful for. The song, according to Brown, is a list of the things he likes about life and that he believes in.
- “Everybody Wants To Go To Heaven” by Kenny Chesney. This song was originally recorded by George Strait for his album "Troubadour" but then he decided not to release the song. Chesney then recorded his version of the song. Strait’s version is available as a digital download online.
- “Feel That Fire” by Dierks Bentley. This song is about a girl who acts tough but still needs love. The song was written by Brett Beavers, Brett Warren and Brad Warren. Beavers wrote many of Bentley’s other hits.
- “Sweet Thing” by Keith Urban. The song is about new love. Urban and Monty Powell wrote the song one day during a writing session that Urban drove his ’69 Mustang to.
- “Country Boy” by Alan Jackso.n The song was written by Jackson and is about a country boy who offers a girl a ride in his truck. For the song’s promo, Jackson asked fans to send him video ideas of what it meant to be country.
- “All I Want To Do” by Sugarland. This song was written by band members Jennifer Nettles and Kristian Bush. They where also joined by songwriter Bobby Pinson. The trio also wrote Sugarland’s song “Want To”.
- “Back When I Knew It All” by Montgomery Gentry. The song was written by Gray Hannan, Phil O’Donnell and Trent Willmon. Many of the places described in the song are ones that writers had visited in real life.
- “God Love Her” by Toby Keith. The song is about a rebel child who happens to be a preacher’s daughter. The song was written by Keith and Vicky McGehee.
- “I Saw God Today” by George Strait. This song is about a new parent seeing all the beauty in the world after the birth of their baby girl. It was written by Rodney Clawson, Monty Criswell and Wade Kirby.
- “Gunpowder & Lead” by Miranda Lambert. This song is about an abused woman that is waiting with a gun for the man who hurt her to come home. It was written by Lambert and her childhood friend, Heather Little.
Posted on: Nov. 27, 2010