Top 10 Country Songs of All Time
Country music has tons of great songs and has been around forever, but have you ever wondered what the top 10 country songs of all time are? Here is the top 10 list starting back in in 1933. (And they said country music wouldn't last!)
- "Will The Circle Be Unbroken" - The Carter Family. Yep, this one was written in 1933 and is still popular today. It is a song that crossed over from gospel to country.
- "Your Cheatin' Heart" - Hank Williams, Sr. This one makes the top 10 list because every country music fan knows every word to this song! It's a good crying in your beer song.
- "Sunday Morning Coming Down" - Kris Kristofferson. Kris wrote this song so well that you can actually see the story unfold in your mind. His voice also lends to the serene feeling he had this particular Sunday morning.
- "I Will Always Love You" - Dolly Parton. The top 10 list wouldn't be complete without one from Dolly. Whitney Houston also covered this song and brought this one back its popularity.
- "Live Like You Were Dyin'" - Tim McGraw. Another very well-written song. Though this is a fairly recent song, it makes the top 10 due to the fact that it will be a standard for years to come.
- "Keeper of The Stars" - Tracy Byrd. This one makes the list of 10 best because its not only one of the greatest country songs, but one of the best love songs of all time.
- "Go Rest High On That Mountain" - Vince Gill. Vince wrote this tear jerker for his friend, Keith Whitley. It sings him to heaven!
- "Crazy" - Patsy Cline. Willie Nelson had no idea what a hit this one would be when he wrote it! Patsy actually didn't like the song the first time she heard it. Aren't we glad she decided to record it?
- "Always On My Mind" - Willie Nelson. Willie gets props on this one too! A good testament to saying the right thing a little to late.
- "The Dance" - Garth Brooks. This is one of the most beautiful songs every written. That's not the only reason this one makes the top 10 list for the best songs of all time. It also tells a great story of a man loving a woman even though it caused him pain.
Posted on: Mar. 28, 2010