Try not to dance at your computer with the top 10 dance songs of 2010. Dance music cemented it's influence as a genre in 70s. During the 80s dance music took pop-culture by storm and many of the songs on this list have a distinct 80s vibe to them. This year saw a big come back in dance club music and these songs helped fuel the movement.
- “To Paris with Love” by Donna Summer This artist was born LaDonna Adrian Gaines and has been belting out dance hits since the 70s. Her music is still very much current and she has sold over 130 million records to date. This is a very whimsical song that still has a great dance hit beat. The lyrics are very simple, which is common for Summer.
- “Firework” by Katy Perry According to the artist this song was influenced by the novel “on the Road” by Jack Kerousc. The song peaked at number 2 on the charts and became Perry’s sixth top ten single. This is a very positive song about being yourself and reaching your potential. This isn't one of her fast paced songs but it's full good beats are still popular in clubs.
- “Miami 2 Ibiza” by Swedish House Mafia and Tinie Tempah This song is a collaboration between the artist and has been one of the best dance hits of the year. The song is on the albums of both of the artists. This dance club song has a very electric vibe to it, which boosted it's popularity.
- “Like a G6” by Far East Movement This song also features The Cataracs and Dev. In the song “G6” references the Gulfstream G650 and is meant to show the indulgent lifestyle of gangsters. The song samples Dev’s song “Booty Bounce” in the chorus.
- “We No Speak Americano” by Yolanda Be Cool This song by the Australian duo was released on an independent label but has gained a lot of play in clubs. The song samples a 1956 hit by Renato Carosone, which give it a very old school salsa vibe with some modern twist.
- “Barbra Streisand” by Duck Sauce This song is named for the singer of the same name. It was first played on the station Triple J. It was also played at the Miami Winter Music Conference. This is a funny song that still has a great beat to it. The title dominates the lyrics, which add to the appeal of this song.
- “Down” by Jay Sean This British artist can be heard in a lot of clubs all over the world. This song was released as the first single off of his debut album in North America. This song starts out very mellow but it picks up within the first minute. Jay Sean has a great voice for dance club music.
- “Get Outta My Way” by Kylie Minogue This song is off of the eleventh studio album of this Australian dance-pop sensation. The song is also her fifth number one single. "Get Outta My Way" has a very 80s vibe to it and the video features some amazing dance moves.
- “Hang With Me” by Robyn This is a sybthpop album from the famed Swedish artist. The song peeked at number two in Sweden and has gotten air play all over the country. This song is very lyrical and Robyn has one of the most beautiful voices in music. There is also a very electric and modern vibe to the song.
- “Hands” by the Ting Tings This song with it's electric beat has a fast paced indie pop 80s sound. The song can be heard off of the band’s Facebook page.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.