The top 10 female artists 2010 had a great year and are rising to the top of the record polls over indie bands. Their music and albums are out selling even the male artist. Their simple earthy stage performances or outrageous costumes and over-the-top stage shows do not cloud the power of their music. Grab a media player and download a mix of music from these amazing female artists. This list is compiled by the People’s Choice Awards.
- Taylor Swift. Her latest album “Speak To Me” sold one million units in a single week. She’s the hottest recording artist on the planet and the best of our top ten female artists 2010.
- Lady Gaga. Her real name is Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta and her costumes make Madonna look like a 1950s housewife. Her style however hasn’t hurt her having a string of hits on the Billboard Charts, including “Poker Face” and “Just Dance.”
- PINK. Born as Alecia Moore, she was once a skateboarder, gymnast and hip-hopping chic until she began belting out her own tunes. She’s probably the most athletic of this group of female singers but don’t call her butch, this gorgeous real blonde made the cover of magazines in 2010 and looked like a model. Va-Va-Voom!
- Beyonce. Once part of a trio this top ten female artists 2010 has music that everybody wants to sing, even super stars. Reba McEntire who recently sang Beyonce’s hit, “If I were a Boy” on CMT award show.
- Katy Perry. Her breakthrough hit, “I Kissed a Girl” started her road to fame. Her most recent hit “California Gurls” has become the all-time Mediabase Top 40 airplay record holder with an average of 92 spins per week at a pace exceeding thirteen times per day on the radio. Whoa!
- Demi Lavato. Famous for her Disney television musical movies, she’s one of the new breakthrough artist of 2010. Nominated for People’s Choice Awards and Teen Choice awards, this singer is the one to watch.
- Mariah Carey. Everyone’s favorite R&B singer released her “Greatest Hits” collection which places her on this top ten female artists of 2010. She’s also received critical acclaim for a role she played in the movie “Precious.” She’s not only a top selling recording artist but now a bonafide actress.
- Britney Spears. Her fans are loyal, as they can’t get enough of her. That is, if she’s not on stage she’s on the tabloids, which keeps her in the public view. Britney has a career with ups and downs, but this singer looks like she’s here to stay for the long haul.
- Alicia Keys. This soulful R&B singer can belt a tune as smooth as velvet. Her song “Unthinkable” topped the R&B charts right up there with the boys. You go girl!
- Susan Boyle. A most unlikely contestant on “Britain’s Got Talent” but her voice got her there and beyond. She has sold over three million units. This unique star makes the grade as a top ten female artists of 2010.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.