Can you name the top 10 female country singers? When it comes to music, everyone has an opinion. And like fans of any music genre, country fans have their favorites. But record sales don’t lie. Here are the top-selling female singers in country music, according to the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA).
- Shania Twain. Shania Twain, 45, is at the top of the gold, platinum, and diamond list. The Canadian pop-country star has achieved success as a singer, songwriter, and sex symbol. Her rise to fame came in 1995 with her second album, “The Woman In Me.” Her 1997 album, “Come On Over,” is one of the best-selling country albums of all time.
- Reba McEntire. Reba McEntire, 55, is an American country singer and actress. Her music breakthrough came in 1984 with her seventh album, “My Kind Of Country.” McEntire is known for a more traditional country sound than many female singers. She is one of the best-selling female singers in any music genre.
- Faith Hill. Faith Hill, 43, is another top female country artist. The American singer is known for her tremendous commercial success, and for her marriage to country singer Tim McGraw. Her 2006 “Soul2Soul II” concert tour with her husband was the highest-grossing country music tour of all time
- Jewel Kilcher. Jewel Kilcher, 36, is known professionally as Jewel. The American singer-songwriter-guitarist is also a poet and actress. In addition to country music, Jewel has recorded folk, contemporary, and pop-rock songs. Her 1995 album, “Pieces Of You,” was the best-selling debut album of all time.
- LeAnn Rimes. LeAnn Rimes, 28, is an American singer, songwriter, and actress who rose to fame at the age of 13. Her rich vocals are often compared to country music legend Patsy Cline. Her country music breakthrough came with her 1996 debut album, “Blue.”
- Patsy Cline. Patsy Cline was an American country singer who enjoyed pop-crossover success. Her rich vocals inspired many music artists. Cline is known for her hit singles “Crazy,” “I Fall To Pieces,” and “Walkin’ After Midnight.” She was only 30 when she died in a plane crash in 1963.
- Anne Murray. Anne Murray is a Canadian singer known for her country, pop, and contemporary hits. The famous singer paved the way for other successful Canadian singers, like Celine Dion and Shania Twain. Murray, 65, is known for her 1970 signature song, “Snowbird.”
- Martina McBride. Martina McBride, 44, is an American country singer and songwriter. Her big voice earned her the label, the “Celine Dion of Country Music.” The neo-traditional country singer released her debut album in 1992. Her 1997 breakthrough album, “Evolution,” featured a pop-crossover style similar to Shania Twain and Faith Hill.
- Trisha Yearwood. Trisha Yearwood, 46, is a top female country singer known for her strong, confident ballads. Her 1991 debut single, “She’s In Love With The Boy,” became an instant hit. Yearwood is married to country music star Garth Brooks.
- Carrie Underwood. Carrie Underwood, 27, is an American country singer, songwriter, and actress. She rose to fame as the 2005 “American Idol” winner. Her 2006 debut album, “Some Hearts,” was one of the fastest-selling albums in country music history. Underwood is considered one of the sexiest female country artists.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
The Gentleman’s Guide to Online Gaming
Get into FPSs and MOBAs without getting your ass kicked… too much.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.