Top 10 Future Jobs
With the increasing reliance on technology and the bad economy, it is important to learn about the top 10 future jobs. Some jobs, such as those in the healthcare industry, are expected to continue for the foreseeable future and are thus gaining future popularity. Other jobs are becoming obsolete, and they are being replaced by "self-checkout" and other self-service options. Here are the top future jobs:
- Physician Assistant. If you are a Physician Assistant, you have one of the best future jobs. Reliance on healthcare is expected in increase, according to a 2010 prediction. Physician Assistants can do most things doctors do such as write prescriptions, diagnose conditions, and see patients. The salary of a Physician Assistant ranges from 72,000 dollars to 94,000 dollars, according to a 2010 estimate.
- Commercial Astronaut. If you didn't already know, there are (albeit costly) commercial flights to outer space that have been flying since 2008. This trend is predicted to increase in the next ten years, from 2010 to 2020. Instead of vacationing to Europe, you can visit space. More Commercial Astronauts are going to be needed.
- Biomedical Researcher. If you want the future position of a Biomedical Researcher, you will need to obtain a Ph.D. A medical degree will also increase what you are able to research. With the changing nature of western medicine, and the limited "ideas" robots can come up with, Biomedical Researchers will always have something to do. If you are a Biomedical Researcher, you can do anything from developing a drug to testing the efficacy of a drug to practicing medicine.
- IS Security Engineer. This best future job develops and implements strategies to protect computer files. This best future job also makes sure that all existing computers and databases are secure. Security Engineers also update and transfer data securely. The salary for an IS Security Engineer ranges from 50,000 to 100,000 dollars.
- Software Architect. CNN analysts predict a 34% future growth in the job importance of software architects (from 2010 to 2010). If you are a Software Architect, you analyze data. You take complex software and make it more usable. You work with programmers and often with scientists. This can be a best future job in almost any company.
- Robot Mechanic. If you didn't already know, you can already (in 2010) buy robots. Robots available for purchase "help" with house chores ( not like "Bicentennial Man"). These robots can mow the law, for example. Salary for robot mechanics ranges from 40,000 to 70,000 annually.
- Physical Therapist. Another future job is a Physical Therapist. The minimum requirement to be a Physical Therapist is a Bachelor's Degree, but you will make more money if you have a Master's or Doctorate Degree. If you are a Physical Therapist you can rehabilitate patients with injuries, or you can use your skills as preventative care to increase muscle strength and flexibility.
- Radiosurgeon. In 2010 Radiosurgery is limited to malignant brain tumors. A precise amount of radiation is administered in a localized area of he brain without compromising the surrounding tissue. In the future, Radiosurgery is expected to be used in other surgeries and a radiosurgeon will be a top future job. Radiosurgeons can make more than 600,000 dollars annually.
- Anesthesiologist. An anesthesiologist is a top future job in addition to being a top 2010 job with one of the highest quality of life ratings. Anesthesiologists are doctors who administer anesthesia to patients and monitor them during and after surgery. Anesthesiologists make 200,000 to 400,000 dollars as on 2010.
- Disease Mapper. This top future job requires a post-graduate degree. Disease Mappers are researchers who use satellite images and statistics to predict and demonstrate the spread of disease. The salary for a Disease Mapper ranges from 40,000 to 150,000 dollars.