Top 10 Hollywood Action Movies
Yeah you've seen the "Mission Impossible" series once or twice, but have you seen the top 10 Hollywood action movies? From Darth Vader to Neo, we've got all your ten Hollywood action movies stars lined up right here in sequential order. Want to see if your fave got into our best Hollywood action movies list? Read on then.
- "Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back." With 278,639 votes on the Internet Movie Database, the second "Star Wars" movie in the franchise seems to dominate the action genre. Regardless of its seemingly adventurous plot nowadays, "Star Wars" was considered revolutionary and action-like in 1980.
- "The Matrix." "The One" definitely has one of the best Hollywood action movies of all time. With an all star cast, an intriguing plot and cool space-age technology, who doesn't envy that cool world?
- "First Blood." Stallone redefined what it was to be an all-around patriotic bad ass in the "Rambo" series. No matter the odds, enemies or ammunition against him, Rambo always was one step ahead.
- "The Dark Knight." Made famous by the death of superstar Ledger, "The Dark Knight" toppled the box office and fan expectations. Christian Bale, not doing a bad job himself, goes up against a villain never before seen in the world of Hollywood action movies.
- "The Bourne Ultimatum." Jason, or as we know him, "the fabulous Matt Damon," rocked our theatres with a trilogy dedicated to espionage, action and mystery. Loading up these movies made "The Bourne Ultimatum" a surefire pick.
- "Aliens." As if killing tiny extraterrestrials popping out of chests wasn't cool enough, there are guns! Above all, this 80's movie was hardly one of your average Hollywood action movies.
- "V for Vendetta." Hollywood action movies take a socio-political turn of events, criticizing both far-right idealogues and giving us Natalie Portman with a shaved head! All that plus violence? Priceless.
- "Sin City." Noir violence has never been better in this revolutionarily take on the top ten Hollywood action films. Virtually taking the beauty of a comic strip and clashing it with real-life struggles, "Sin City" tells the odd story of Vegas that definitely won't stay in Vegas!
"Gladiator." Set in the corrupt backdrop of an ancient Roman Empire, Russell Crowe fights a system of aristocrats out to kill him and his family. An interesting take on Hollywood action movies for sure.
- "Terminator 2: Judgement Day." Coming in with a whopping 238,379 votes by users of IMDB, T2 rounds up our list. What's not to love? Arnold, hot girls and crazy robots out for world domination; oh yeah.
It's often hard to come up with the ten best Hollywood action movies of all time, considering the volume and scope of such a project. Yet, this list will prove to give you an idea of all those action trend setting movies out there right now. If you haven't seen any of the above, it's never to late to head to that local video store!