Top 10 Hollywood Tourist Attractions:
A fun, easy checklist of Hollywood's hottest tourist attractions!
Universal Studios Hollywood & CityWalk-Enjoy a studio tour and an afternoon of live music on CityWalk, just outside the park. The studio tour is a top Hollywood tourist attraction as it takes you through some of Universal Studio's greatest historical sets, as well as offering an exclusive glimpse onto a “live set” or two.
- Hollywood and Highland-Hollywood and Highland is the crossroad of LA weirdness. Take photos of the famous stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, and get photographed with your favorite characters of the silver screen. Actors in costume hang out on Hollywood Boulevard every day, and for a tip, will pose for pictures with you and your friends. The Kodak Theater is also here – another top Hollywood attraction for tourists.
- Hollywood Walk of Fame -Look under your feet on Hollywood Boulevard and you'll see the strongest cast of names in history emblazoned in terrazzo and brass: Over two thousand stars display the names of famous actors, actresses, directors, musicians, fictional characters and entertainers. Before your trip, look out for upcoming ceremonies and witness history in the making!
- Grauman's Chinese Theatre-See if you measure up to the stars of Hollywood history, and take pictures of the famous hand and footprints of the stars. First opened on May 18, 1927 and declared a historic-cultural landmark in 1968, you can still see Mary Pickford's hand and footprints to this day.
Madam Tussaud's Wax Museum-Madam Tussaud's Hollywood Wax Museum opened as recently as August 2009, and promises to increase its collection of famous figures almost every month. For the time being, you can photograph yourself with Samuel L. Jackson, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Ironman, and even sit with The Godfather behind his desk with the atmospheric soundtrack playing. Open daily.
- Ripley's Believe It Or Not Museum-If oddity is your thing, then this is the place for you. This museum charts Ripley's own obsession with collecting the weird and wonderful from his voyages around the globe. Enjoy the Odditorium's gigantic T-Rex bursting from the building's roof, and touch a piece of the Berlin Wall. Gape at a statue of Marilyn Monroe composed of thousands of dollars worth of dollar bills. Then decide if you want to “believe it, or not”!
Hollywood Bowl-Enjoy the fantastic and famous acoustics of The Hollywood Bowl, a stadium-like theatre for live music that was designed by the late Frank Lloyd Wright, Jr. Ticket prices vary depending on the event and your seating, and it's iconic arch can be seen in movies like 'A Star Is Born' (1937), 'Anchors Aweigh' (starring Gene Kelly and Frank Sinatra), and 'Escape From L.A.' (1996), to name but a few.
- LACMA-The Los Angeles County Museum of Art houses some of the world's most beautiful, not to mention largest, collections of American art of the Southwest. It also holds periodic exhibitions that will blow your mind. To plan your visit, check out the LACMA website for special exhibitions, classes, lectures and events. The museum is usually open until 8 PM, but closed on Wednesdays.
- The Magic Castle-If you're lucky enough to get an invitation to this magnificent mansion, located a stone's throw away from Hollywood and Highland, you're in for the night of your life. This former private home features some of the most fascinating people and illusions you'll ever see in your life. At the mezzanine level, you can even be entertained by Irma, the piano-playing ghost who takes song requests. Signs surrounding the haunted mini grand piano remind you not to sit on Irma, as “she is a proper lady”.
- Be In A Real Live Audience & Studio Tours-A trip to Hollywood wouldn't be complete without getting some screen time in yourself. If you have more than a month to plan ahead, you can register for various “Be In A Movie” web sites that are periodically looking for unpaid extras to hang around a live set for a day. Or, you can call or visit the web pages of the studios themselves for tickets.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.