Top 10 Hottest Actresses Of The '80s
The ‘80s was an era of excess and that is no more apparent than with the top 10 hottest actresses of the ‘80s. In the decade of hair metal and John Hughes teen dramas, a number of women stepped out of the shadows and set men’s imaginations on fire. Some of the women went on to become successful actresses, some married rock stars and others seemed to drop off the face of the Earth.
- Heather Locklear - While Heather Locklear only appeared in two movies in the ‘80s, she made her name as a television star. As one of the hottest actresses of the ‘80s, she appeared as Officer Stacy Sheridan on “T,J. Hooker” and Sammy Jo Carrington on night time soap “Dynasty.” In 1989, she turned the heads of men everywhere with her scantily clad role in “The Return of the Swamp Thing.”
- Phoebe Cates - Phoebe Cates won over males all over the world as one of the hottest actresses of the ‘80s with one scene in the 1982 movie “Fast Times at Ridgemont High.” That very sexy bikini scene allowed Cates to secure a number of iconic roles in movies like “Private School” and “Gremlins.”
- Kelly LeBrock - Kelly LeBrock remains one of the best remembered of the hottest actresses of the ‘80s thanks to her portrayal of the perfect woman in “Weird Science.” While her career never picked up after that role, she remains, for many men, the perfect ‘80s woman.
- Demi Moore - Demi Moore got her start on the daytime soap “General Hospital” and finally broke out with her appearance in the 1985 Brat Pack movie “St. Elmo’s Fire.” She also starred in “About Last Night” and then appeared nude, and pregnant, in the supernatural thriller “The Seventh Sign.”
- Kim Cattrall- The future “Sex and the City” star began her career in R-Rated ‘80s comedies. As one of the hottest actresses of the ‘80s, she bared it all in the teen comedy “Porky’s.” Cattrall also made appearances in popular films like “Police Academy,” “Big Trouble in Little China” and “Mannequin.”
- Diane Lane - Diane Lane has built a successful acting career over the past 30 years but she began as child actress and soon captured men’s hearts everywhere when she starred in both “The Outsiders” and “Rumble Fish.” She finished off the decade starring in the successful television miniseries “Lonesome Dove.”
- Brooke Shields - While Brooke Shields original breakout role was in the 1978 movie “Pretty Baby,” she set Hollywood on fire with her 1980 appearance in “The Blue Lagoon.” While she was only a teenager at the time, she went on to appear in Calvin Klein ads proclaiming that nothing could come between her and her Calvins.
- Sean Young- Sean Young first caught the world’s attention in the Bill Murray comedy “Stripes.” She immediately followed that with a role in the critically acclaimed sci-fi thriller “Blade Runner” in 1982. After another sci-fi attempt in “Dune,” her career dropped off the radar.
- Michelle Pfeiffer - While Michelle Pfeiffer didn’t sex it up as Catwoman until 1992, she remains one of the hottest actresses of the ‘80s. It all started when she won the lead role in “Grease 2” and then appeared in Brian de Palma’s remake of “Scarface.”
- Kim Basinger - If one role can define someone as one of the hottest actresses of the ‘80s, it has to be Kim Basinger’s performance in the steamy thriller “Nine 1/2 Weeks.” The erotic scenes she shared with Mickey Rourke clinches her spot on any list of actresses from the decade.