Who are the top 10 Indian billionaires of the thirteen that India has produced? Billionaires have a net worth of at least one billion units of either of the following currencies: dollar, euro or pound sterling. Here is the list of the top ten Indian billionaires.
- Mukesh Ambani Ambani's company, Reliance Industries, is India's most valuable company. Ambani has a net worth of $27 billion to date and is in the gas, hotels and telecommunications business. He also owns the most expensive home in the world.
- Lakshmi Mittal Mittal is a steel producer and the owner of Arcelor Mittal, the world's largest steel-making company. Mittal has a net worth of $26.1 billion. His company is also a sponsor of the 2012 Olympics.
- Azim Premji Premji's company, Wipro, is India's third largest exporter of software. He is planning to open Azim Premji University in his hometown of Bangalore to train teachers and school administrators. Premji has a net worth of $17.6 billion.
- Shashi & Ravi Ruia The Ruia brothers have a combined net worth of $15 billion. They are in the construction, oil, shipping, power, steel and telecom buisness.
- Savitri Jindal O.P. Jindal Group is a steel and power conglomerate. Its owner, Savitri Jindal, has a net worth of $14.4 billion. She is the only woman on the top ten Indian billionaire list.
- Anil Ambani Ambani is is the communication, gas, power and entertainment business. He is in the process of building a $1.5-billion theme park with Universal Studios in Mumbai. He has a net worth of $13.3 billion.
- Guatam Adani Adani is the owner of the infrastructure and trading conglomerate Adani Group, which owns Mundra Port, India's largest in the private sector. Adani's has a net worth of $10.7 billion.
- Kushal Pal Singh Singh is in the real estate property business and is the chairman of DLS, India's most valuable real estate company. He has a net worth of $9.2 billion.
- Sunil Mittal Mittal is a telecom tycoon with a net worth of $8.6 billion. His firm, Bharti Airtel, is the fifth largest telecom firm in the world with over $180 million customers in over nineteen countries across Asia and Africa.
- Kumar Birla Billionaire Kumar Birla is the owner of Aditya Burla group, a commodities conglomerate with operations in 26 countries. Aditya Burla is among the top ten cement and aluminum producers in the world. He has a net worth of $8.5 billion.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.