If you are sick of wasting time watching entertaining movies that serve no other purpose, then check out this list of the top 10 life changing movies. Some of these movies are classics and some are quickly forgotten.
- “It’s a Wonderful Life” – This and life-changing film gets parodied more than any other holiday classic. Even MTV’s Beavis and Butthead did a version. We all know that Clarence shows James Stewart what the world would be like if his character had never been born and it turns out to be a scary place.
- “Harvey.” – James Stewart sees a six-foot tall invisible rabbit. The character he plays in this life-changing film is simple but he has unwavering faith. It turns out that the hero is not trying to be smart man or a clever man. He is simply following his mother’s advice to treat other people nicely.
- “Field of Dreams” – We all know the phrase from this gentle fantasy that tells us if we build it, he will come. As it turns out, the he in this message is the hero’s father. Much like "Harvey" the her sticks to his principles and eventually gets rewarded. It is not an easy process for the hero and he nearly loses his farm.
- “The Legend of Bagger Vance” – "The Legend of Bagger Vance" is a drama featuring Will Smith as a caddy. It takes place during the great depression. A young man tries to get his hero, who suffered from post traumatic stress disorder as a result from his service during World War I to participate in a golf tournament. The themes have more to do with disillusionment and coming to terms with bad things in our past. As Bagger Vance tells the golfing hero, “Who you were, you ain’t never gonna be again.”
- “October Sky” – "October Sky follows" is a life-changing film that follows the standard follow-your-dreams formula. The film tells the story of a man currently working for NASA in the field he set out to do. A major point of drama in the film occurs between the main character and his father. The father mistakenly thinks that his son’s hero is Werner Von Braun, an early pioneer in rocket science. Homer would rather be as good a man as his father rather than a successful scientist, as he states at the end of the movie.
- “The Pursuit of Happiness” – The theme is that a person can always turn his life around if he tries. The inspirational film is based on the story of a man who went from almost living on the streets to becoming a millionaire.
- “The Life of Brian” – This life-changing film is not recommended for people with strong religious beliefs. The themes of Think for yourself and do not follow religious leaders blindly are set against a backdrop of a man who follows the Life of Christ. This is where the song “Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" comes from.” Perspective Latin students should watch the wall scenes to understand the dangers this dead language's grammar poses.
- “Antz” – This movie is a must-see film for all of corporate America. Too many people in mid-level management follow the lead from the top blindly without thinking about the implications. The theme is also that people need to think for themselves. Americans are more likely to grasp the message in this film starring the voices of Woody Allen and Sylvester Stallone.
- "Star Wars: A New Hope" – Older people think of this as the original "Star Wars." Although it has inspired a broad fandom the story that takes place a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away contained themes that made us think about the universe in a new way.
- “Kingpin” – This life-changing film from the late 1990s follows the path of a former bowling champion who tries to manipulate an Amish bowling whiz to reclaim his lost glory. As it turns out, the hero ends up turning his life around because of this encounter.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.