Nothing sparks up a snuggly evening with your sweetie like listening to the top 10 love songs of all time. Bring on that loving feeling by surrounding yourselves with magical musicianship and luscious lyricism.
- “If” by Bread. Lyrics hardly get sexier than “Come and pour yourself on me,” and they hardly get more romantic than a man telling his beloved that if he could be in two places at once, he'd be with her tomorrow and today. This love song features a lilting melody and lyrics guaranteed to make you both melt.
- “The Rose” by Bette Midler. Sung in Bette Midler's honey-hued tones, the poignant lyrics of “The Rose” will remind you and your sweetie of the miraculous power of love to renew itself and blossom when nurtured tenderly by the beloved.
- “Maybe I'm Amazed” by Paul McCartney. The male point of view expressed in this love song will give your sweetie a serious case of the warm fuzzies. Paul McCartney gives voice to his awe and amazement at the marvelous ways in which the right woman's love helps and heals a man.
- “Crazy” by Patsy Cline. The female point of view expressed in this love song will make you want to hold your sweetie tightly and never let her go. Patsy Cline sings, in her lovely, sultry voice, about how strongly love—and its loss—can impact a woman's heart.
- “Your Song” by Elton John. Beautifully enhanced by Elton John's top-notch piano skills, “Your Song” speaks to how lovers want to give the very best of themselves to each other. It's hard to find a love song that better communicates the bliss of “how wonderful life is while you're in the world.”
- “Up Where We Belong” by Joe Cocker and Jennifer Warnes. One of top love duets of all time, “Up Where We Belong” sings to the joy of a man and a woman sharing their love together as a refuge, a lofty place for you and your sweetie alone.
- “(Everything I Do) I Do It For You” by Bryan Adams. In this love song, Bryan Adams woos his beloved with words of selflessness and gallantry. The melody, too, is irresistible. You and your sweetie may find yourselves singing along; that is, when you're not kissing.
- “You Are the Sunshine Of My Life” by Stevie Wonder. One of the most frequently recorded love songs of all time, “You Are the Sunshine Of My Life” likens the beloved to sunshine. With its buoyant tune and jubilant lyrics, it celebrates the joy and satisfaction of a live filled with love.
- “Wonderful Tonight” by Eric Clapton. This love song features a languorous melody which works beautifully for a sensuous slow dance. Its timeless lyrics convey the mutual appreciation and ever-fresh attraction of a couple who have loved each other well for a long time.
- “Thank You” by Led Zeppelin. Sung in Robert Plant's well-nuanced voice, “Thank You” expresses gratitude and reverence for love that lasts for a lifetime. It would be hard to say “I'll love you forever” in a more romantic way than “If the mountains should crumble to the sea, there would still be you and me.”
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
8 Things All Guys Should Stop Doing by Age 30
You're a man now, dog.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.