Top 10 MMA Heavyweights
Curious about the top 10 MMA heavyweights? The heavyweight division in MMA has brought forth some of the best fighters the world has ever seen. Everyone loves to see the big men fight and throw the powerful knockout blows which keep the fans wanting more event after event. Here are the top 10 MMA heavyweights:
- Fedor “The Last Emperor” Emelianenko. This powerhouse of a heavyweight stands strong at the top of the sport with a professional record of thirty-one, one and zero with one no contest. Will negotiations ever go through to get Emelianenko to the UFC in order to test his skills against some of the UFC's finest? We all have to wait and see.
- Randy “The Natural” Couture. This man did not get to be in the UFC Hall of Fame by being a chump in the octagon. Couture is as talented as they come. He has been fighting since his military days, where he boxed for the Army. He holds an eighteen and ten record and still has some left in his tank for some more.
- Antonio Rodrigo “Minotauro” Nogueira. With an amazing thrirty-two, six and one record with one no contest, it is no wonder why this fighter is considered one of the best to have ever stepped foot into the octagon.
- Dan “The Beast” Severn. This heavyweight is exactly that: a beast. With an astounding ninety-one, sixteen and seven record, this man sets the standard for a good old fashion MMA butt whooping.
- Mark “The Hammer” Coleman. This former heavyweight champion has been toe to toe with some of the best that the MMA world has to offer. He holds a sixteen and ten professional record with a hunger for more at the age of forty-six.
- Bas “El Guapo” Rutten. This legend is one crazy guy. His heart and passion for the sport still outshines a lot of the younger generation that compete today. His last fight was in 2006 and it was won in incredible fashion due to a TKO from leg kicks. He holds a twenty-eight, four and one record, which has earned him the right to be called one of the best heavyweight MMA fighters of all time.
- Ben Rothwell. This big boy can take a punch. Although his last fight ended in a loss to Cain Velasquez, he still has earned his spot amongst the best heavyweight MMA fighters of all time with a record of thirty and seven.
- Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic. This heavyweight has some of the most devastating leg kicks in the business. With his twenty-six, seven and two with one no contest record, there is no debate that he is worthy of being called one of the best heavyweight MMA fighters to ever strap up a pair of gloves.
- Frank Mir. This technical Brazilian Jiu Jitsu black belt is more than worthy to be called one of the top 10 heavyweight MMA fighters of all time. He holds an impressive thirteen and four record with a hunger for far more to come.
- Cain Velasquez. Although it is still early in his MMA career, he has more than distinguished himself as being worthy to be called one of the best heavyweight MMA fighters of all time.