Top 10 Places To Travel In February
Looking for the top 10 places to travel in February? February has long been a popular month to travel due to Valentine's Day and it being near the end of winter; some of the most popular places to travel in February may surprise you though. It's often a toss up between seeking out a warmer climate and peak ski season, though one would imagine that hitting a beach is more pleasant than hitting the slopes.
- Europe in February is perfect. It is considered the low season for tourists, and if you don't mind a bit of rain and some chilly weather, it is a great time to visit. The crowds are sparse, and you'll get to experience more of the sights.
- Jamaica is a great choice for your first trip to the Caribbean. It isn't a very long flight from many places in North America, there are numerous high quality all inclusive resorts, and while it is a very popular destination that also means the cost is low. It's also said that the west coast of Jamaica has the best sunsets which makes it a great choice for a romantic February getaway.
- Costa Rica experiences it's "dry" season during February. Since it is primarily rain forest, this is an important thing to take advantage of. The climate is warm, and you get a little bit of everything if you just explore the area.
- February is the end of the Summer season in New Zealand. If you really want a break from the cold of winter, and don't mind a long flight, New Zealand is a gorgeous vacation spot.
- Colorado has numerous ski resorts that are open during February. Because it is between the holiday season and spring ski season, many of the resorts are not crowded and as a result offer cost effective vacations.
- Las Vegas is always a great place to travel, but February weather makes it the best time. It's still winter so it doesn't get quite so hot, and stays rather comfortable. Las Vegas offers many forms of entertainment, everyone is bound to find something they enjoy.
- Hawaii is just about perfect year around. The best part about traveling to Hawaii is if you live in the United States it doesn't require a passport but you still get an exotic vacation.
- Paris is the city of love, so why visit anywhere else during February? There is of course the Eiffel Tower, as well as countless museums and historical sights. Paris is the best place to travel to if you're looking for a romantic Valentine's Day.
- St. Lucia is still one of the more exclusive islands in the Caribbean, but is absolutely breathtaking. It has stunning beaches, as well as lush forests. If you want to visit the Caribbean, but avoid the crowds and hurricanes, St. Lucia in February is your choice.
- St. Thomas is another choice if you're a citizen of the United States but don't have a passport. You won't need one to visit St. Thomas, and because it's so close to the states it makes it ideal for a last minute romantic February getaway.