The top ten richest people in the world have more money than they could possibly spend in a lifetime. Each person that has made the list is a billionaire. They have accumulated their wealth in different ways. Despite that, they all have one thing in common, which is the fact that they are a part of an exclusive group that the majority of the population will never come close to reaching.
- Carlos Slim Helu – Carlos has climbed to the first spot on the list of the ten richest people in the world. His wealth is estimated to be around $53.5 billion. He earned his money as the Telecom tycoon in Mexico. Within a single year, his net worth increased by $18.5 billion.
- Bill Gates – This Microsoft creator has taken the second spot on the list of the ten richest people in the world. He is worth an estimated $53 billion. His wealth started from his creation of software. He also earns a lot from the numerous investments that he has made over the years.
- Warren Buffet – Warren Buffet accumulated his wealth from investments. He is now worth $47 billion. His most famous investments come from his Berkshire Hathaway shares. Along with that, he recently acquired Burlington Northern Santa Fe for $26 billion.
- Mukesh Ambani – Ambani is one of the top ten richest people in the world because he has a net worth of $29 billion. He owns Reliance Industries, which was founded by his father. Reliance Industries is India’s most valuable company. It is a company that deals with petrochemicals, oil and gas.
- Lakshmi Mittal –Like Ambani, Mittal is a native of India. However, he now lives in London. Mittal received his wealth from Arcelor Mittal, who is the world’s largest steel maker. He is worth an estimated $28.7 billion.
- Lawrence Ellison – Ellison is the founder of the Oracle database. He is worth $28 billion, which is why he has made the list of the top ten richest people in the world. He started Oracle back in 1977 and went public with it in 1986. Over the past five years, he has bought fifty-seven companies to further his wealth.
- Bernard Arnault – Not only is Arnault on the list of the richest people, he is also considered the richest European. He is worth $27.5 billion. His wealth comes from his shares of luxury goods. He has shares in LVMH, which is the maker of Louis Vuitton, Moet and Chandon. Along with that, he is creating upscale commercial property in Shanghai.
- Eike Batista – Batista has a net worth of $27 billion. In one year, he increased his wealth by $19.5 billion. He is the son of a former mining minister. Batista lives in Brazil and accumulates his wealth from business in the mining and oil industry.
- Amancio Ortega – This ninth person on the list of the top ten richest people in the world gets his wealth from fashion retail. He is the owner of Inditex, which is a fashion firm in Spain. Inditex has several popular brand names. Ortega is worth a reported $25 billion.
- Karl Albrecht – This billionaire owns Aldi Sud, which is a discount supermarket in Germany. There are also 1,000 stores located across the United States. The stores have estimated sales at $37 billion. Albrecht is worth $23.5 billion.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.