Top 10 Running Songs
Choosing the top 10 running songs is not an easy task since there are many types of music from different eras that are popular among various age groups. Some people prefer country, while others like to listen jazz or even classical music when they run. Rock songs are ideal for running, since they are loud and can give you a boost of adrenaline. Here are the top 10 running songs some music lovers may want to try when they are out for a run.
- "Enter Sandman" by Metallica. If this song doesn’t get your blood pumping, few will. You may want to hit the repeat button on your playlist a few times during your run, so you can go a few extra yards.
- "Born to Run" by Bruce Springsteen. The title alone warrants inclusion in the top 10 running songs list. One thing is for sure, “The Boss” knows running.
- "Satisfaction" by The Rolling Stones. While this song is a bit dated, the beat is hard not to like when you are trying to get a good workout. Try listening to some other music by the Stones when you run.
- "Bad to the Bone" by George Thorogood & The Destroyers. This timeless song makes the top 10 running songs list, and still holds up well today. The guitar solo is especially good for sprinting at the end of a run.
- "Runnin’ with the Devil" by Van Halen. Even if you aren’t running with the devil, you may run like you were being chased by one when this song is on your playlist. For that matter, almost any Van Halen song is good to listen to when you run.
- "Back in Black" by AC/DC. Another classic tune to listen to when you are out on a long run. Keep the volume under control on this one, so you do not get a headache.
- "Born to be Wild" by Steppenwolf. Another oldie but goodie to run to, especially if you are heading out on the highway to run or are racing with the wind. This is easily one of the top 10 running songs of all time.
- "Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor. Any fan of "Rocky" movies has probably already listened to this song many times when they are out running. Add it to your playlist and you’ll see why.
- "Welcome to the Jungle" by Guns N’ Roses. Axl Rose and company know how to crank up the volume for runners. Even if you don’t like the man, run to the music.
- "Heartbreaker" by Led Zeppelin. No top 10 running songs list is complete without a song by the great Led Zeppelin. Listen to this song as well as the rest of their hits when you run.