Many people dream of becoming a millionaire, whether through hard work or through fortune. Few people reach this goal, while others actually manage to go beyond it. If you are dreaming of big money, gather some inspiration from these ten self-made billionaires.
- J.K. Rowling. J.K. Rowling is the author of the wildly popular “Harry Potter” book series. The books have branched off into video games, movies and various other forms of merchandise. The success of the franchise has allowed Rowling to grab the title of the world’s richest author.
- Oprah Winfrey. She began her life in poverty. Since then, Winfrey has taken on various occupations in the entertainment business. With a fortune of over $2.7 billion, Oprah is the first black female billionaire, and many see her as the world’s most influential woman.
- Bill Gates. Bill Gates is one of the most famous entrepreneurs of the computer-age. Although a Harvard dropout, Gates became a self-made billionaire around the age of 31. He is often credited for the growth of Microsoft.
- Lawrence Ellison. Lawrence Ellison dropped out of both the University of Chicago and the University of Illinois at Urbana. Despite these moves, he went on to become the co-founder and CEO of Oracle Corporation. As of 2010, he has a fortune of $27 billion.
- Carlos Slim Helú. Carlos Slim Helú is the Chairman and CEO of several Mexican telecommunication companies including Telmex. His empire encompasses most of the telephone lines and cell phones in Mexico. As of 2010, his fortune has surpassed that of Bill Gates.
- Steven Jobs. Steven Jobs is known for his occupation as the Chairman and CEO of Apple Inc.; however, he is also the co-founder of Pixar Animation Studios. After Pixar merged with The Walt Disney Company, Jobs began serving on the company’s board of directors.
- Eike Batista. Eike Batista is a self-made billionaire from Brazil. He has made most of his fortune through the mining business. He aims to improve the economy of his homeland.
- Warren Buffett. Warren Buffett is a hugely successful investor who had the smarts to become a self-made billionaire. He is the Chairman and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway. As of 2010, he has a net worth of over $47 billion.
- Mark Zuckerberg. Mark Zuckerberg is the founder of the popular social network known as Facebook. Like several other individuals on this list, Zuckerberg is a college dropout who has found fortune without a degree.
- Roman Abramovich. Abramovich had a rough start to life, with both of his parents dying when he was just a boy. His parents would be proud to know that he has become an incredibly successful businessperson thanks to his involvement in the oil industry. As of 2010, he is one of the richest men in Russia.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.